Wednesday, June 13, 2012


Five of Cups reversed/Ace of Swords.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or a lack of support. The sadness associated with this card usually has some emotional root, and it could very well involve taking good things for granted.  My card is reversed, and this is a good thing; I should be able to see both the good and the bad today.  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) is about potential within the mental or intellectual realms.  The intellectual power and possibility associated with this Ace tends to be neutral in nature, and it is important for me to remember that this Sword has two edges and my choices and intentions will have an impact.



My Thoth card is Lust reversed.  Lust is Crowley’s version of the Strength card; even the position of this card is different than most traditional Tarot decks.  Crowley puts his Lust/Strength at number 11 and Justice (which Crowley calls “Adjustment”) at number 8, the reverse of most Tarot decks. Upright this card is about courage, passion, energy and action; since my card is reversed, a “Lust” for life may not be a part of my day.

My Legacy card is The Chariot reversed, flavored by The Fool.  The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on my goal and steer myself away from distractions.  The output of my heart and my mind can each be potent on their own, but when combined, they are amazing.  My Chariot is reversed, and flavored by The Fool. The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool approaches life as an adventure and expects that he will succeed.  He is the spark that sets things in motion, and these manifestations are usually not predictable.  Combined with that reversed Chariot, things should be pretty exciting today.  I need to remember that the possible chaos can be like a breath of fresh air; breathe deep!

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “Relationships of all kinds are likely to be strengthened by an increased level of understanding today, Sagittarius. Your thinking is greatly enhanced by your emotional intuitiveness, so you'll be more able than usual to identify with the needs and desires of those around you. As a result, acquaintances could become friends, and friendships could progress into bonds that last for life. Romance also benefits from intensified empathy. Enjoy.

And: “You may have to bring yourself down to ground level in a rather sobering fashion. It could be that you are forgetting an important piece of the puzzle in terms of a goal that you have been shooting for. This is a good day to review your progress and deal with any details that require your attention. Keep your adventurous spirit alive, but make sure you have at least one foot solidly on the ground.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Seven of Pentacles. This card tells me not only that my seeds have already been sown, but also that they have germinated, grown, and are ready for harvest.  By no means is work over for good, but for now, I should look around and appreciate the manifestation of my goals.

Gunas! I’ve talked about the gunas of Heavy and Light, Liquid and Dry, Hot and Cold, Easy and Difficult, Clear and Gooey, and the tastes of Sweet and Bitter.  Next up: a bit about the taste of Salty.  My source is the Joyful Belly website.

Salt used judiciously brings out the flavor in foods, stimulates the digestive secretion, and breaks up hard masses in the digestive track.  However, too much salt overcomes all other flavors, causes water retention and increases blood pressure; it can delay healing, damage bones, decrease libido and cause premature aging.  Salt can compensate for dryness in Vata, and it can liquefy Kapha mucus in lungs and sinuses.  Yep, runny nose, but also clear breathing passages.  But if a Kapha like me wants to feel serene, potassium works better than salt.

Needless to say, Ayurveda recommends using mineral salts rather than refined salts, and a bit of discipline mixed in.  **wink** 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment