Friday, June 1, 2012

The Horned One reversed/Two of Cups reversed. The Horned One or Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses to the point of being bound to those things.  My Horned One is reversed, so I will not be drugged by these physical world energies; hopefully I will be able to get pleasure from them, though.  The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) is about love and connections, usually about relationships and commonalities.  This card tells of favorable connections of all kinds, even business connections, but more likely having to do with caring and respect and love.  My Two of Cups is reversed, so these kinds of connections might not be a part of the day.

My Thoth card is the Ace of Cups reversed.  Hmmm . . . reversed Cups today?  .  The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells of the potentials available to me for experiencing deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, compassion for myself or others, attunements and connections.  My Ace is reversed, and I do need to be careful today.  I should not trust any strong feelings, either good or bad.

My Legacy card is The Wheel of Fortune reversed, flavored by the Eight of Wands reversed.  The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) is telling me that whether I am ready or not, stuff is going to happen, and probably is happening already.  This is true whether The Wheel is upright or reversed, but since my Wheel is reversed today, it appears that I’m not taking advantage of whatever is happening, not tapping into the energies.  But since my Dark Night is a thing of the past, perhaps it is fitting that this card is reversed.  The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  My Eight of Wands is flavoring my reversed Wheel, and it is also reversed, so the energies of the cycles of my life just might be pausing right now.  And with all these reversed cards, that might be a good thing.

Okay, I threw all reversed cards.  I chose to pull a clarification card from my Thoth Tarot, and threw the Six of Cups reversed.  And another reversed Cups card!  the upright Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) is a card of emotional balance, simple joys fun and blessings.  Crowley sees the Pleasure associated with this card as being quite fertile.  My Six of Cups is reversed, of course, but I am not seeing all these reversed cards as an imbalance.  Waves come up onto the shore, but sooner or later they begin to ebb back into the ocean.  I have had a crazy week or two, but I feel good.  Yes, I will pay attention to all these reversed cards, and I will be careful about my perceptions of the world around me, and of my emotions and feelings.  But I think I’m okay.  Despite the reversed cards . . . or maybe because of them!

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the ending or wind-up of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of position and potential.

My horoscopes: “You should try to feel at ease today, Sagittarius. Remember that inner peace is a big part of your health. This can be achieved through reflection and a quiet review of where you are in life. Try not to focus too much on material things. Instead, concentrate more on your emotional state. Others are likely to feel more sensitive and weepy as well, so have them join you in this exercise”

And: “Spare no expense in your day today, both emotionally and monetarily. Whatever you put into this day will come back to you tenfold. Feel free to indulge and delight in your fun-loving nature. This day speaks of freedom from restraint of all kinds. Break the chains and explore new worlds - in your mind and in your physical surroundings. Don't say no when the adventure bus comes around to pick you up.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ten of Wands.  Actually, the image on this one is not quite as distressing as the traditional image on the Ten of Wands, at least upon initial examination.  But once we look again, we see the dryad struggling to hold up an entire community.  So many demands!  So many responsibilities!  The difficult thing is that this is not just about us, otherwise we might chuck it all.  We can’t, though, because others are depending on us to hang tough for a bit longer, even though we’ve been struggling for so long and so hard.  Perhaps we might need to re-examine the situation, so we can see if so much effort is truly needed.

It has been a crazy week.  I am very happy, though; my Dark Night is fading into the past, and I am feeling a renewed connection to my Deities and Their Sacred Essences.  And, I am looking forward to a weekend of gardening, between the raindrops.  I can certainly use the lovely grounding and the powerful energies of the Earth and my flowers.

Happy Friday!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment