Monday, September 29, 2014

9/29/14

Nine of Swords/Eight of Cups reversed.  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangeable.  This card represents the “agony of the mind,” and the poison created by this agony can kill every positive opportunity that comes my way today.  I think perhaps forewarned is forearmed, and at least if I know this agony of the mind is a good possibility, I just might be able to react to challenges without losing it. **crosses fingers**.  The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  Walking away might not be that easy today because this one is reversed.  Can I hope that my Eight is reversed because my emotions will be good enough that I won’t want to walk away?  Sure!

My Thoth cards are The Hermit and The Magus.  Wow!!  Power to the people!!  I had both of these cards together and reversed almost two weeks ago; now they’re upright.  The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and is about searching within for a deeper meaning, often through solitude bordering on discomfort.  The Hermit tells us that in order to release the past and achieve something of value, the work must be done internally, usually involving solitude to the point of discomfort, and with an outward mantle of “business as usual.”  Like The High Priestess, he deals with hidden or not obvious knowledge, however The Hermit understands that his knowledge is insignificant when compared to what he does not know.  He also acknowledges that the maintenance of his solitude requires Will power.  The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  This card is personally significant to me, and since he represents the manifestation of tangible knowledge (and the ability to control that manifestation), he just might work well with my Hermit.  The skills of The Magus can be easily manifested in a solitary fashion, and indeed this Major Arcana card was gifted to me after a particulary harrowing (and solitary) experience, so having them paired today makes sense.  The pair is encouraging as well because I benefited from that last experience, so I can also benefit from whatever appears today.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Coins reversed, flavored by the Page of Wands.  The Ace of Coins (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world.  This card represents the seed of something that could be great, but it is currently potential only, and since my Ace is reversed, I may not be able to tap into that potential in time to effectively encourage it to manifest.  My reversed Ace is being flavored by the Page of Wands.  The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is fun to be around, unless you have a migraine. He is about being open to new experiences and about being enthusiastic about whatever is happening, and his optimism just might tip things into the right direction.  There is good potential throughout my cards today, even if there is also a prediction of some discomfort.  I can survive, and thrive!

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the imposition of motion onto stability in order to prevent stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “Feel the love! You're a social, gregarious one, Sagittarius, and you'll feel the inclusive vibes today, as affectionate Venus enters your 11th house of group dynamics. If you've struggled to find your tribe, you have until October 23 to introduce yourself--and your efforts will be rewarded! Likewise, if you've been searching for something, be it a romantic relationship or even a business deal, you'll likely find it effortlessly through your social networks and friends of friends.

And: “A group event could put you in contact with a number of people interested in doing a healing meditation for the planet. This sort of activity can work wonders to strengthen the bond among those performing it. You might not talk much during the discussions, but you're apt to be in total agreement with the idea. Enjoy your day.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment