Saturday, September 6, 2014

9/6/14

Two of Swords reversed/Eight of Cups reversed.  Hmmm . . . don’t shut the mind in and don’t walk away from emotions.  Interesting advice.  The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  If the Two was upright, it would be hinting at the value of a “disconnect,” but since it is reversed, the workings of my mind are important today so I should not ignore them, even if they are uncomfortable.  The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  Walking away might not be the answer, though; better that I face my feelings, and try to understand how they affect me and the world (and people within that world) around me.

My Thoth cards are the Queen of Wands and the Three of Wands (“Virtue”) reversed. The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) in an upright position is energetic, adaptable and enthusiastic; she is filled with persistent energy and calm authority at the same time, and because of this she draws others to her.  She is kind of a self-made woman, with her sense of humor intact, a valuable achievement.  Crowley sees this card as representing calm authority, however this Queen does not have patience for those who oppose her.  She may be warning me today not to be too full of myself. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities at hand.  Crowley sees this one as representing primal energy that is beginning to manifest, one of the most fertile cards in the whole deck.  It is reversed, so that creative energy is not available to me, and my Queen of Wands will need to remember that.  I must be realistic before acting today.

My Legacy card is the King of Cups, flavored by The Empress reversed.  Interesting!  The King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  He is able to be calm, caring and diplomatic, and still get things done by getting others working together in a productive way.  My King could help with that reversed Ace of Cups above, by showing me how to turn physical world discomforts and mental puzzles into opportunities for emotional evolution.  My King is being flavored by The Empress reversed, and in a way, this validates my interpretation of the King.  The Empress (my significator card, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine (along with The High Priestess), the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses. My Empress, who is the mother of form, tells of creative intelligence; she reveals the concepts guarded by The High Priestess, and she encourages me to immerse myself in the manifestations of the physical world.  Because my Empress is reversed, I should gravitate today more toward the authority and discipline of the King, and less toward experiencing the manifestations of the physical world in an inner fashion.  I need to look at everyone around me and the effect I’m having on them!

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Does it feel strange that everybody knows your name? You're quite the gregarious one, Sagittarius, often acting on a hunch or befriending someone new in record time. However, as the Moon in your neighborhood zone clashes with freedom-loving Jupiter today, you could want some of your anonymity back! It might be as simple as exploring a new town or even trying new local spots to awaken your inner adventurer again. Break away from the ties that bind a bit and branch out.

And: “Get things out in the open today. If it seems like someone is insulting you, call him or her on it. Letting things fester inside will only result in the destruction of your own self-esteem. You would also be in danger of losing the respect of the people around you. This could very well be one of those situations in which everyone else sees the truth except you. Try not to let this happen. Be bold and assertive and don't let others pull the wool over your eyes.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment