Wednesday, September 17, 2014

9/16/14

King of Cups/Six of Wands reversed. The King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  He is able to be calm, caring and diplomatic, and still get things done by getting others working together in a productive way.  My King is showing me how to turn physical world discomforts and mental puzzles into opportunities for emotional evolution, and he is showing me that sometimes I have to be the grownup and control my own feelings in order to better serve the group. The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) in an upright position expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge. Since my card is reversed, the results may not be clear or conclusive just yet, or perhaps my creative abilities are being dampened by some other effect. 

My Thoth cards are the Ten of Swords (“Ruin”) reversed and the Three of Wands (“Virtue”). The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) in an upright position tells of the perception that interference, powerlessness and restriction will rule the day.  The traditional image on this one is of a body laying on its stomach, with ten Swords sticking up out of his back, a perfect example of overkill!  Because my card is reversed, I need to really remember that while things may appear bad, they are most lilely not as bad as they seem.  The arrangement of the Swords on the upright card is somewhat top heavy, which makes sense.  A bit of grounding into reality may be appropriate today. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities at hand.  Crowley sees this one as representing primal energy that is beginning to manifest, one of the most fertile cards in the whole deck.  The Thoth version of these two cards are similar on first glance.  They both have an orange background, and they both seem to be expanding outward.  If I perform the grounding into reality requested by my reversed Ten of Swords, I just might be able to tap into all that great juju offered by the Three of Wands. 

My Legacy card is the Ace of Swords reversed, flavored by The High Priestess. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts; it offers the power to analyze that is necessary in order to make good choices, and in order to react correctly to events in our day.  My reversed Ace of Swords is being flavored today by The High Priestess, and that makes perfect sense. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician (who is also in my spread today), the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and she is somewhat removed from everyday life although her mind is receptive.  She is not about mental analysis at all; rather she tells me that in order to access the Mysteries she guards, I must know my inner self completely, and accept the messages of my Inner Voice, even if they defy analysis. 

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number that tells of depth, balance and stability.

My horoscopes:  What are you really feeling, Sagittarius? You're usually the type to think in broad strokes and let your optimism distract you from any deeper emotional processing. However, you have a rare chance to really inhabit the feelings you sometimes avoid today, as the Moon in your intimate eighth house gets a cosmic boost from healing Neptune. Just remember to be kind to yourself, whatever sentiments come up. You're human and can't be the picture of sunshine all the time!

And: “This is one of those days in which you are better able to stand back and look at your emotions from a cerebral perspective. Your freedom-loving nature is not built to deal with heavy emotional baggage and turmoil, so don't bother. This is not your bag, so don't even pick it up. Be especially wary of those who seem to plop it directly in front of you and then expect that you will deal with its unpredictable contents.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment