Monday, September 8, 2014

9/8/14

Ace of Swords reversed/Six of Wands reversed.  Lots of reversed cards lately.  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts. This Ace in an upright position offers the power to analyze that is necessary in order to make good choices, and in order to react correctly to events in our day.  However, my Ace is reversed, and I may find myself easily distracted from the plans of the day.  I can’t cross things off my list until I (1) start them, and (2) finish them.  The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) in an upright position expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge. Since my card is reversed, the results may not be clear or conclusive just yet, possibly because of that reversed Ace of Swords.  Okay, that is a clear message. 

My Thoth cards are the Queen of Cups and the Seven of Disks (“Failure”) reversed.  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  She is comfortable with her own feelings (whatever they are), and she is comfortable dealing with the feelings of others (whether serene or uncomfortable) without losing her own serenity.  She nurtures and encourages the serenity and dreams of others, too.  She is my only upright card today, and I think her energies will be useful.  The Seven of Disks (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments. To Crowley, the pause indicated by the Seven of Disks is happening because of sloth and lethargy, and the image on the card is dark and heavy, even stagnant.  Failure can happen due to a lack of success, but it can also happen due to non-performance; the Golden Dawn name for this card in an upright position is the Lord of Success Unfulfilled.  My card is reversed, and that means while my physical focus may not be clear and concise, all is not yet lost.

My Legacy card is the Eight of Cups reversed, flavored by the Six of Swords reversed.  The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  Walking away might not be the answer; better that I follow the teachings of my Queen of Cups above, and face my feelings realistically.  Maybe then I will be able to understand how they affect me and the world (and people within that world) around me.  My reversed Eight of Cups is being flavored by another reversed card, the reversed Six of Swords.  The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) in an upright position is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective). I need to concentrate on being aware of the “how” and “why” of any situation.  Yep, today is not so much about acting, as it is understanding what action to take and why I need to take it.  

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “Thanks to today's Full Moon in Pisces and your fourth house of domesticity, that boho-chic, thrift shop aesthetic isn't cutting it anymore. You could experience a strong urge to turn Chateau Sagittarius into something resembling a soft and nurturing palace. Before the New Moon, which is in two weeks, take strides to fulfill your lunar-inspired nesting fantasies. But before you bring in anything new, do some serious de-cluttering. This is a good time to buy a home—provided you feel an emotional connection.

And: “Today is your day to become a hero. Don't think that just because you may not be dressed in fancy tights and a cape doesn't mean that you can't make an important difference in someone's life today. Step up to the plate even if it is not your turn to be up at bat. True heroes are those who are able to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done regardless of the circumstances.

Okay, I’ve decided to take a chance.  I just signed up for the Daily Om 21-Day Yoga Body course.  I’m going to do my best to at least check out the advice and videos each day (I have a few days this coming weekend where this might be a challenge.  I’m interested to see just how these Yoga sequences work, and whether I can add them to my own practice, or to the classes I teach.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment