Sunday, September 28, 2014

9/25/14

Four of Pentacles/Two of Cups (look for detailed background on this image!). The Four of Pentacles (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution, cunning) tells of very solid foundations and an awareness of the value of our possessions.  The danger here is that once we realize how valuable things have become, we might expend too much energy protecting things and keeping them just as they are right now. The suit of Pentacles is more about following proven rules than experiencing the unknown, and today I may be more attracted to stability than new experiences. The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities, and a recognition or acknowledgement that a bond is beginning to happen, or is beginning to be restored after forgiveness is offered and received. The Llewellyn Welsh Two of Cups image contains the traditional Caduceus of Hermes (the Messenger of the Greek Gods, guide of the dead and protector of merchants, gamblers, liars and thieves), with a lion (representing strength, courage, authority over the subconscious, sound judgment and prudence) between the wings at the top.  The Caduceus of Hermes or Staff of Hermes shows a staff being climbed by two serpents (representing peace, rebirth, restoration and regeneration) entwined in the form of a double helix, and sometimes surmounted by wings.  The Roman version of Hermes is Mercury, and so the Caduceus of Hermes can be used to represent both the planet Mercury, and the elemental metal of the same name; thus, the Two of Cups is connected to alchemy.  These additional meanings add to our understanding of the Two of Cups, which presents the Minor Archana version of The Lovers.  Perhaps this Minor card is asking us to understand the hows and whys of human love; something to think about today.

My Thoth cards are the Prince of Wands and the Five of Disks (“Worry”) reversed.  In the Thoth Tarot, the rank of Prince equals the rank of Knight.  The Prince/Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  My Knight adds passion to the romance and stability of my first two cards today, but he also warns me that I might see any differences of opinion as as a battle.  My armor will protect me, but will the end result be worth the fight?  Is the figt necessary at all? The Five of Disks (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  This card tells of wandering aimlessly looking for help and not finding it.  Since the image on the Thoth Five of Disks shows an upside-down pentacle, I may have a hint to the trouble.  Spirit is not the main focus, and perhaps it should be.  Success is not just measured by material possessions, and material possessions are empty if they are not accompanied by love and passion.  I am being offered a choice here: enthusiastically enjoy what I have at my disposal, or worry about what I don’t have.

My Legacy card is the King of Cups, flavored by the Eight of Coins.  The King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  He is able to be calm, caring and diplomatic, and still get things done by getting others working together in a productive way.  My King is reminding me that taking actions for the betterment of others can often also bring us better times.  Today I may be very effective as a shepherd of others, and I should look outward rather than inward for I may not understand my own feelings.  My King of Cups is being flavored by the Eight of Coins.  The Eight of Coins (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells us that diligence and an awareness of details is important.  This card validates my interpretation of my King, and since it is also flavoring my King, my focus for the day should be to manifest love and compassion around me.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation sourced from the potential and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and energy of “distance between” of the 2. 

My horoscopes: “Raise that bow and be ready to shoot, Archer! Timing is everything today, and you don't want to get caught looking the other way when your target comes into perfect view. A harmonious angle between your celestial ruler, Jupiter, and transformative Uranus could attract the kind of supporters you need to get a key project off the ground right now. There's also a chance that you'll receive news of a travel opportunity or an invitation to work with folks in another country, so keep your ears--and options--open.

And: “Make some plans for recreation. Giving yourself something fun to look forward to can make even the toughest of times far easier to handle. You'll find it amazing how much you can manage when there's an end in sight. Your entire attitude can lighten, so take the bull by the horns, and create an incentive for yourself. Do something special to reward the hard work you do day after day.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment