Saturday, September 20, 2014

9/18/14

Knight of Wands reversed/King of Wands.  The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts. This Knight can be seen to represent the coming and going of energy, but that process may not be effective because things are not seen through to completion.  Because my Knight is reversed, his intense way of dealing with the energies of the day may be more destructive than productive.  The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is admired by all, is able to assert authority without alienating others, and his achievements not only bring him benefits, but also increase the quality of life for those around him.  He presents a more mature way to deal with those energies the Knight is struggling with. 

My Thoth cards are The Sun reversed and the Queen of Disks.  The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and it tells of a time of enlightenment and peace that comes after the completion of some ordeal.  Even reversed, as it is today, The Sun is not a bad card, just a bit less intense in its illumination.  Because my card is reversed, I may need to resist the lure of shamelessness or vanity.  Okay, I can do that.  The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  Crowley sees this Queen as striving to manifest pleasurable surroundings without going overboard, and today I should work hard and quietly, striving to be practical and dedicated.  I think my Queen agrees that shamelessness and vanity are to be avoided.

My Legacy card is The Devil reversed, flavored by Death reversed.  The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things.  Not every deck sees this card as representing hopeless bondage, and the Legacy Devil offers instead the seductive allure of superficial beauty and attractiveness.  Because my Devil is reversed, I should be able to resist the allure and overcome the temptations of pleasures of the senses.  My reversed Devil card is being flavored by another reversed Major Arcana, the reversed Death card.  The Death card of the Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and it tells of natural change that cannot be stopped, and that usually involves the potential to step upward on the evolutionary ladder. Many people fear this card, but Death can be seen as representing natural change through alchemic putrefaction.  The important thing about this change is that I need to embrace it even though I don’t know where it will take me, and because this card is also reversed, I am being told that not only do I need to resist temptation, but I must also clear away the trappings of that temptation if I am to succeed.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of movement that disturbs stability in order to prevent stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “Retire those rebellious ways! You like to act in the moment, Sagittarius, without much thought about the repercussions. However, with the Moon in your thrill-seeking eighth house getting a smackdown from steady and mature Saturn, you may actually find the willpower to hold off on some id-pleasing desire that you know isn't good for you. This applies to your interpersonal relationships as well as other temptations: If it doesn't get you further toward your goals, then just say no!

And: “Emotional levels run high among members of a group you're affiliated with, as disagreements turn into quarrels. Stay out of this - it won't do you any good. Write down your impressions and share them with the others at another time when tempers have cooled. You might find yourself wanting to make one final push toward attaining a personal goal of your own, but you could be blocked by forces beyond your control. Try to remain patient!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment