Wednesday, September 10, 2014

9/10/14

Two of Swords/Ace of Cups reversed. The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  Yes this can be helpful; taking a mental time-out and disconnecting with the world can help to recharge my battery.  Think of it as a cold reboot.  My “temporary files” will get cleaned out and my system will get de-fragged. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  Because my Ace is reversed, I am being told that not only does my brain need a rest from creativity, but my emotions also need to disconnect from any situation that could create an emotional response. 

My Thoth cards are the Eight of Cups (“Indolence”) reversed and the Four of Cups (“Luxury”). The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  Crowley calls this the Hangover Card, but this hangover happens even though the party never occurred. Walking away might not be the answer; no avoiding things. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) reminds us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses. This is a card that describes what can happen when nothing goes wrong in our lives.  These two cards together have a strong message: don’t walk away, challenge yourself to make things better.

My Legacy card is the Four of Wands reversed, flavored by the Ten of Coins. The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) in an upright position is about building enough to become established, about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined.  Even reversed, this card is not terrible; it tells me that the foundation is manifesting but it is not yet strong enough to build upon.  Perhaps the binding agents need to cure a bit longer.  My reversed Four of Wands is being flavored by an auspicious card, the Ten of Coins. The Ten of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) represents the attainment of physical world wealth and bounty, usually achieved through the implementation of long-term plans, and the attempt to maintain the status quo.  This kind of validates the concept that things just need a bit more time.  However, I can’t let the pause last too long or lethargy will take over, and all those good Coins will turn into a burden rather than a foundation all ready to be used.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “Your open-mouth-insert-foot M.O. gets cranked up to its maximum settings today. Thanks to a harmonious angle between Jupiter in your bountiful ninth house and the Moon in impulsive Aries, you could blurt out some jaw-dropping proclamations. While you know you never mean to offend—and that's a big part of your charm—others might be left scratching their head and trying to decode your message. Can you focus on being supportive and providing service instead of just speaking your mind? That way you'll (more likely) be forgiven.

And: “Today's planetary configurations are pushing you to get some perspective on both your life and the lives of the people closest to you. You must admit that you have been rather selfish of late. Of course you know that you are not the center of the universe. So why do you sometimes act as though you were? This is a day to make amends to friends and loved ones alike. They will welcome you back with open arms.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment