Thursday, October 2, 2014

10/1/14

Knight of Wands/The Wheel reversed.  The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  My Knight adds passion to my day, but he also warns me that I might see any differences of opinion as as a battle.  My armor will protect me, but I need to ask myself if the end result be worth the fight. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  The Wheel reminds us that nothing is permanent and everything is always in motion, motion that we can’t control.  The Wheel tells of luck and good fortune, and it tells of the concept of progression; nothing stands still, except if I allow it.  Because my Wheel is reversed today, I will have trouble sensing these ebbs and flows of energies, and I may not notice any effects until it is too late to make use of them.  Things are happening all around me, but I may not feel integrated or involfed.

My Thoth cards are The High Priestess reversed and the Princess of Swords reversed.  Well, looks like there won’t be too much feminine energy in the day today, eh?  The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician (who is also in my spread today), the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and she is somewhat removed from everyday life although her mind is receptive.  She is not about mental analysis at all; rather she tells me that in order to access the Mysteries she guards, I must know my inner self completely, and accept the messages of my Inner Voice, even if they defy analysis.  She is reversed, and it sure seems like all that Firey light from the Knight above might be obscuring the more subtle message of The High Priestess. The Princess/Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  Uncle Al sees this Princess as being a bit on the stern side, and because she is also reversed today, perhaps she is reminding me not to take things too seriously.  LOL, that might be the perfect companion to my Knight above, and keep his focus on the light side.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Coins reversed, flavored by the Five of Cups reversed.  The Ten of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) represents the attainment of physical world wealth and bounty, usually achieved through the implementation of long-term plans, and the attempt to maintain the status quo.  The negative side of this card (yes, there is a negative side) is that if we pause too long to look at all the pretties, lethargy will take over, and all those good Coins will turn into a burden rather than a foundation, all ready to be used for new stuff.  Because my Ten is reversed, I’m not quite at the point of feeling like I am done with this cycle of growt, which might be a good thing.  If I’m not done, things are not yet released and they can be tweaked, even at the 11th hour.  My reversed Ten of Coins is being flavored by the Five of Cups, also reversed.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or disappointment, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made; this card also warns us that we are focusing too much on difficult emotions. Actually this is a good flavoring for the Ten, for it tells me that I will be able to see past any uncomfortable feelings and get that tweaking done!  See?  Not all reversed cards are scary.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that occurs as growth slows and degeneration approaches, usually requiring a choice of some kind: to continue or not to continue; that is the question.

My horoscopes: “Self-worth issues? You're usually light and buoyant, Sagittarius, but not so today, as the Moon and heavy-hitting Pluto join forces in your value-driven second house. Rather than hitting the social circuit, you'd rather spend time to yourself, considering your place in the world and what you have to offer. You may even feel karmically pulled to some new ideas about your values and priorities. Ponder things a little, but don't get mired in analysis paralysis. Life isn't as serious as it seems today under these intense stars.

And: “The fire within you is raging hot today, and you should be careful of how you wield this power. Be proud and triumphant. Walk with your shoulders back and your head high. Freedom is an important thing, but make sure that this isn't being interpreted as if you don't care about a person or situation that is actually quite meaningful for you. Let your heart speak openly and honestly to people today.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment