Thursday, October 16, 2014

10/16/14

The Wheel reversed/Four of Cups.  The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  The Wheel reminds us that nothing is permanent and everything is always in motion, motion that we can’t control.  However, my card is reversed today.  I just may find that if I focus, and make use of what I’ve already tried with success, I could end up having an effect on the outcome. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) reminds us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses. This is a card that describes what can happen when nothing goes wrong in our lives, and the “cloud” that pleasure can create might end up distracting me from the things I need to accomplish.

My Thoth cards are the Two of Swords (“Peace”) and the Queen of Swords. The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  Crowley sees this process as sometimes being useful (hence, the keyword chosen for this card); a bit of disconnect from the world can be helpful.  Taking a mental time-out and disconnecting can help to recharge my battery, and allow me to do a bit of “system maintenance” by cleaning out my “temporary files” and “de-fragging” my “hard drive.” The image on the Thoth Two of Swords shows the two Swords piercing a lotus flower, representing the intellect being restrained in a balanced manner by love.  Perhaps that is how Peace is attained, and with that Four of Cups above, it might be emotions and feelings that are out of balance, and not the intellect. The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card, which is about responsibility and the relationship between “cause” and “effect.”  The main difference is that while Justice is about the law, the Queen of Swords is about the intent behind the law.  Cause and effect will be in play today for me, and I will need to make certain that I understand why things happen, or I won’t be able to respond appropriately.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Swords, flavored by the Eight of Cups reversed. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts; it offers the power to analyze that is necessary in order to make good choices, and in order to react correctly to events in our day.  With all the Swords cards present in my card throw today, it sure looks like the workings of my mind will be affecting many outcomes.  This kind of analysis potential is going to be necessary.  My Ace is being flavored by the reversed Eight of Cups. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright postion tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  Moving on will not be my first choice, and it sounds like there is a conflict between the non-emotional, analytical part of myself, and the emotions and pleasures (and discomforts).  Can I balance things?  Perhaps being forewarned and thus, forearmed, will help.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of movement that upsets stability in order to prevent stagnation.

My horoscopes: “Spread your wings and fly! You love to try out your next adventure, Sagittarius, so you'll feel right at home today, as the Moon continues its tour of your expansive ninth house. If you've wanted to put yourself out there—either by globetrotting or broadcasting your wild ideas via the Internet—you have the star power to take those risks today. You may quench this wanderlust by reaching out to your old friends across the country (or ocean) as well.

And: “You are spiritually inclined by nature, and today you could be feeling especially so. You might find yourself attracted to meditation groups, or studies of the scriptures of various world religions. You are also likely to be feeling especially psychic, and might experience some premonitions which actually come true. This is an excellent time to train your psychic abilities, or to try your hand at reading runes or Tarot cards.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment