Saturday, October 18, 2014

10/17/14

Temperance/King of Wands reversed.  A clear message! Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and presents one version of the concept of balance: balance achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes.  If you split the Major Arcana cards into two horizontal categories, theory and practice, and two vertical categories, active and passive, Temperance falls in the middle of the passive practice cards. You could say that it presents a balanced version of active, outer energy and passive, inner energy.  All of this is important to me today, and if I want to access the messages of the day, I need to think about this card.  The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) in an upright position is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is admired by all, is able to assert authority without alienating others, and his achievements not only bring him benefits, but also increase the quality of life for those around him.  He reminds me that I do have the skills to make things happen, and I should trust in those skills, and act with confidence.  However, my King is reversed today, and I should try to remember that selfishness or intolerance might be instinctive reactions to challenges, and this won’t be productive.  LOL, I guess I should Temper my impulses today.

My Thoth cards are the Four of Swords (“Truce”) reversed and The High Priestess. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation used to prepare for challenges to come.  The truce represented by this card does not happen due to weakness, but rather through conscious choice and through a balance of power.  My card is reversed, and the time for a mental pause and preparation, or of attempting to balance with an equal power, has passed.   This does not necessarily mean I need to declare war, but it does mean that my brain needs to get to work now. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician (who is also in my spread today), the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and she is somewhat removed from everyday life although her mind is receptive.  She is not about mental analysis at all; rather she tells me that in order to access the Mysteries she guards, I must know my inner self completely, and accept the messages of my Inner Voice, even if they defy analysis.  I am being told that my awareness may fluctuate today between the “real” world and my ability to perceive the Mysteries.  During the times that I am perceiving those Mysteries, there could be a tendency to become enthralled by them.  Yes, amazing Aha! Moments happen this way, but I should attempt to remain in control, with my feet on the ground, so that I can bring away with me what I’ve learned and experienced. 

My Legacy card is the Ace of Wands, flavored by The Tower.  A bit of transformation today, eh? The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project.  Lots of Fiery energy here, or at least lots of potential for that Fiery energy to manifest, handy for overcoming inertia.  However, that energy might become too strong if I’m not careful, as indicated by The Tower, which is flavoring my Ace of Wands. The Tower (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Mars (action, spontaneity, aggression, drive), Phe (mouth or speech), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (which offers the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration)) is one of the Major Arcana cards that talks of adjustments.  This one tells of a violent or explosive correction in the way things are going that usually happens after more gentle corrections don’t bring the needed result.  The destruction caused by The Tower is actually clearing away the old and expired, so new growth can begin, but it might not be fun to experience.  The Tower also shows us what can happen if we cement ourselves into our beliefs.  I love what Oswald Wirth says about The Tower in his book, Tarot of the Magicians: “[The Tower] . . . is less a temple, a house of God, than a sacred building of a body mistakenly identified with God.”  Herein lies the danger to be found even in an upright Ace of Wands.  Better I listen to Temperance and The High Priestess, eh?

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of motion which upsets stability in order to prevent stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “Get the soapbox ready! You're known for preaching to the choir, Sagittarius, and you'll only need a louder microphone today, as the Moon in your truth-seeking ninth house teams up with your ruler, philosophical Jupiter. You'll want to understand why you're here and what this world has to offer, and most likely let all the little details of actually living life (what's a budget again?) go by the wayside. In other news, if you have a mission statement or message you need to broadcast to the world, the stars are lined up to help you today.

And: “Interesting letters or phone calls from friends could center around possible world developments, or maybe some juicy gossip about people you know. Listen to what they say and enjoy yourself, but don't take everything you hear at face value. Much of what you hear is less actual fact than the products of someone's fertile imagination. Short journeys in your near neighborhood may bring knowledge of upcoming changes in your community. Expect the unexpected!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment