Thursday, October 9, 2014

10/8/14

Page of Swords/Five of Cups reversed.  The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  This Page can be a bit on the serious side, but he is real good at asking the tough questions, and seeking the correct answers.  His efforts are a bit on the secret side, though, and I may need to look but not speak.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or disappointment, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made; this card also warns us that we are focusing too much on difficult emotions. Because my card is reversed, any difficult emotions or feelings won’t hold me back.  Today I should focus on the intellect rather than the emotions, and I should not put any weight on any down-in-the-dumps moments, because they really have no bearing on the day.

My Thoth cards are the Two of Swords (“Peace”) and the Knight of Disks.  The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world, and Uncle Al sees this process as sometimes being useful (hence, the keyword chosen for this card).  A bit of disconnect from the world can be helpful; taking a mental time-out and disconnecting can help to recharge my battery, and allow me to do a bit of “system maintenance” by cleaning out my “temporary files” and “de-fragging” my “hard drive.”  The Knights of the Thoth Tarot are actually the Kings.  The Knight/King of Disks (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical world manifestation of all kinds.  He is good at managing physical world resources, but he focuses a lot on the business end of things.  My Knight/King could be supporting the Two of Swords and my reversed Five of Cups above by telling me to focus on the physical world and tried-and-true methods today.  That might be where I am most effective.   

My Legacy card is the Eight of Swords, flavored by the Queen of Cups reversed.  The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.  The blockages or restrictions represented by this card exist only within the workings of my mind, though.  Because of the presence of the Two of Swords, another Swords card that tells of a restriction of some kind, I may need to be cautious about my analytical process; I could very well lose my grounding and attachment to reality.  My Eight of Swords is being flavored by the reversed Queen of Cups.  Another reversed Cups card.  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  She is comfortable with her own feelings (whatever they are), and she is comfortable dealing with the feelings of others (whether serene or uncomfortable) without losing her own serenity.  She nurtures and encourages the serenity and dreams of others, too.  She is able to maintain her serenity no matter what outside discomforts may appear, and because she is reversed, emotional serenity should not be my goal, because it will be difficult to obtain.  However, all analysis and no compassion is not good either.  The warning is that my emotions could create an imbalance, either by being too much a part of the day, or not enough.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that brings movement which upsets stability in order to prevent stagnation.

My horoscopes: “Passion alert! Apparently you're not the only Archer firing off arrows, Sag. With today's Full Moon lunar eclipse in Aries and your fifth house of creativity, romance gets a shot in the arm. Whether the sniper is Cupid or your muse, this eclipse sets up six months of exciting, often sudden opportunities. Don't be a doubter: If you feel the urge to create or mate, go for it! The fifth house also rules fame, so when you're going out, be sure you're always camera ready!

And: “You generally tend to be intellectually curious, with many interests you're always trying to learn more about. Today, however, you could have a subject in mind you're dying to research--but you'll be unable to find any books, articles, websites, etc., no matter how many libraries you try or databases you explore. Don't bother with it today. You'll only succeed in frustrating yourself. Instead, watch an old TV comedy rerun. At least you'll get a few laughs!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment