Friday, October 24, 2014

10/24/14

Four of Wands/Page of Cups.  Both of these cards have a nice, calm anticipatory feeling about them in the Llewellyn Welsh Tarot.  The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established, and about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined.  This card is not telling me that the job is done; rather it is telling me that I’ve done some good work so far, enough that I should take a moment to celebrate my accomplishments and solidify my foundation before moving forward.  The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) and is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys. That kind of optimism and belief that everyone has good intentions is the perfect companion for my Four of Wands.  My Page is encouraging me to find the fulfillment I need within my connections to others, and these connections will also serve as a part of my foundation.

My Thoth cards are the Eight of Disks (“Prudence”) and The Star.  The Eight of Disks (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells us that diligence and an awareness of details is important.  Uncle Al sees this one as advising us to put something away for a rainy day.  Today, my Eight of Disks is reminding me that I should not get too drawn in by the cozy feelings of my first two cards today.  It’s okay to pat myself on the back, but I need to also keep my mind on the many steps yet to be accomplished.  If I work hard during the day today, I might be able to relax and enjoy my Friday night with a sense of accomplishment.  The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness; Tzaddi, fishhook; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card, and while it can hint at some unexpected darkness, it also reminds us that things will turn out okay in the end.  The Star reminds us to have faith, for while it may seem to be the darkest night, the dawn is just beyond the horizon, and it is in the dark sky that Stars can really shine.  Another feel-good card!

My Legacy card is the Five of Coins, flavored by the Seven of Swords.  LOL, okay, a dose of reality.  The Five of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  Sometimes this card can indicate an inability to balance personal issues with professional issues, and I will need to be aware of the need of this kind of balance.  Whatever happens, there will be reminders, however obscure, that there may be light in unlooked-for places, and those physical-world losses just might not be bad at all.  My Five of Coins is being flavored by the Seven of Swords.  The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  Because my Seven is flavoring my Five, I am thinking that it could be this focus on maintaining what I think I want that is causing any discomfort in my physical world.  The energies of the New Moon and the partial solar eclipse are reminding me that often the discomforts of the dark and of solitude are often self-created.  In reality, if I can see the value of my efforts thus far, I will understand that a bit of physical discomfort should not cause me to panic and cling to the deceptions that may have worked in the past. 

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and energy of “distance between” of the 2.

My horoscopes: “Can you handle the truth, Sag? You're usually the one dishing out the cold hard facts, but today you might be prone to avoidance. Compounding that is the Moon in your foggy 12th house, making it hard to determine what's true, what's deliberately hidden and what's a figment of your imagination. It's better to be safe than sorry, so avoid making any final decisions on anything consequential for a couple more days. And don't be afraid to ask those scary yet vital questions!

And: “Have you been thinking about relocating? The siren song of distant states or exotic lands might be playing constantly in your ears. Foreign cultures might be bringing you inspiration, artistically, spiritually, and personally. This is a time when few things are actually out of your reach. If you're serious about this, look into all the facts. Once you have all the information you need, then you'll be in a position to decide to move ahead or not.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment