Wednesday, April 9, 2014

4/9/14

Strength/Temperance.  Ooooh, interesting!  The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus.  This card tells of having the strength to control an open hand; that requires strength all right, but it also requires the ability to be gentle.  Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and this card presents one version of the concept of balance: balance achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes. My Temperance card is telling me that I have the ability to adapt to any situation.  These are both Major Arcana cards, so these skills have far-reaching consequences.  Cool!

My Thoth cards are the Six of Swords (“Science”) and The Wheel reversed.  Well now, there is a clear message.  The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective); hence Crowley’s keyword for this one. I love this card, but it does not appear often for me.  The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  Upright, The Wheel reminds us that nothing is permanent and everything is always in motion, motion that we can’t control.  However, since my Wheel is reversed, I am being told that I can control things.  Perhaps by understanding the science behind them, eh?

My Legacy card is the Page of Wands, flavored by Death reversed.  All good cards today.  The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is fun to be around, unless you have a migraine. This Page lets me know there will be lots of stimulation today, and I should not turn away from opportunities to socialize or interact.  My Page is being flavored by Death reversed.  The Death card of the Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of natural change that cannot be stopped, and that usually involves the potential to step upward on the evolutionary ladder. Many people fear this card, but Death can be seen as representing natural change through alchemic putrefaction.  The Death card offers the illusion of destruction, illusion because this very destruction creates new life.   I’m thinking that, in keeping with the messages of the other cards in my spread today, Death is reversed because the time of destruction is over, and new life is beginning.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of completeness of effect or manifestation. 

My horoscopes: “Today you might attend a party or group activity that puts you in touch with some interesting people from faraway places, Sagittarius. You could find their conversation intellectually stimulating. You're apt to learn a lot from them. Books could be involved in some way. You'll want to stay in touch with them, so be sure to get names, phone numbers or email addresses. This could open up some new doors for you.

And: “Today, you could direct an overwhelming amount of love and passion toward a current or potential romantic partner. Your friend might feel a little taken aback, but is likely to be flattered, and therefore to respond in a positive manner. This might not have the potential to become a committed relationship, so don't expect anything from it. Just get to know each other, see where the bond takes you, and go with the flow.

I think Spring is finally here.  I saw multiple osprey this past weekend, both at the beach and on the drive home through Cape May County and north.  And the biggest indication: I heard my first laughing gull early Monday morning.  Welcome, Spring!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment