Tuesday, April 1, 2014

3/31/14

Queen of Wands/Ten of Pentacles reversed.  The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) in an upright position is energetic, adaptable and enthusiastic; she is filled with persistent energy and calm authority at the same time, and because of this she draws others to her.  She is kind of a self-made woman, with her sense of humor intact.  The Ten of Pentacles (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position represents physical world wealth and bounty, and the attempt to maintain the status quo.  Because my Ten of Pentacles is reversed, I am being told that there is still work to do in order to secure the things I need in the physical world, even though the end result might be in sight.  Looks like the energy and sense of humor of my Queen might be necessary here.

My Thoth cards are the Queen of Swords and the Nine of Swords (“Cruelty”).  Eeep!  The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card, which is about responsibility and the relationship between “cause” and “effect.”  The main difference is that while Justice is about the law, the Queen of Swords is about the intent behind the law.  I am being reminded that everything I do has consequences, and I need to be certain that I focus on those consequences, and that means I need to think and focus before I act.  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangable.  Crowley calls this card the “agony of the mind,” and it certainly can be debilitating if allowed to rule my day.  Since these cards are of the same suit, I might need to remember that if I get too caught up with intent and consequences, my ability to connect to reality might be affected.

My Legacy card is the Four of Swords reversed, flavored by The Devil.  The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation used to prepare for challenges to come.  The card is reversed, and it suggests that if I spend too much more time pausing, inertia may prevent me from getting moving once again.  Time to get moving! My reversed Four of Swords is being flavored by an interesting Major Arcana card, The Devil.  The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things.  This card hints at the presence of blind ambition or overwhelming obsession, or maybe impulses that cannot be controlled.  Because it is flavoring my reversed Four of Swords, my thoughts regarding the Four are validated.  There is a huge possibility that my day may be mired in stagnation because I am unable to get moving!

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity and energy of “distance between” of the 2.

My horoscopes: “If you're artistic by nature, Sagittarius, expect a rush of inspiration to hit today, along with an irresistible compulsion to start a new project and work until you can see at least some results. If you've never been artistic before, you may suddenly feel like giving it a try, perhaps using computer technology. No matter what, you're likely to derive a lot of pleasure from it, so go to it. Have fun!”

And: “Finance may cause an upset between you and a friend today. Perhaps this person owes you money and can't pay it back, or vice versa. If this is the case, try to work out some kind of arrangement that suits you both. There's always a way to create a win-win situation - if you don't both get so angry that your objectivity is totally wiped out! Stay calm and focused, and all should be well. Hang in there!”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment