Monday, April 7, 2014

4/7/14

King of Cups reversed/Three of Cups reversed. The King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  When upright, he is able to be calm, caring and diplomatic, and still get things done by getting others working together in a productive way. The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) in an upright position is about connections, emotional abundance, and about blessings.  There is a commonality to these two cards: they are both about effectively using emotions and feelings and the subconscious to connect with others in a beneficial way.  The message is clear I think, and at least for today, I need to focus my emotions and feelings inward, not out towards others. 

My Thoth cards are the Seven of Swords (“Futility”) and The High Priestess. The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  To me, my Seven of Swords is presenting a warning.  It seems that my mind might be focusing so much on how I want things to be that I am losing the ability to think out of the box.  The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and if I listen to my Seven of Swords, I may not even see that The High Priestess has arrived in my card spread today, much less gain access to her knowledge and wisdom.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords, flavored by the Nine of Swords reversed.  Hmmmm . . . good advice.  The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  While all of the Knights can be considered as mercinaries, the Knight of Swords truly personifies this career.  My Knight is encouraging me to use my mind, my intellect, and my powers of analysis and deduction to solve the challenges of the day.  He is being flavored by the reversed Nine of Swords, and that is a clear validation. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) in an upright position represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangable.  Since the Knight of Swords tends to be a bit, shall we say, intense about the manifestation of his suit, he can sometimes get caught in an “analysis paralysis,” but sice my Nine of Swords is reversed, that is unlikely to happen, so I can give my Knight free reign.  Well, almost free reign.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that appears when growth slows and degeneration approaches, often requiring a choice of some kind.  

My horoscopes: “The mood you're in today is the stuff of which memorable encounters are made. You'll be wary at first, perhaps even somewhat hostile, to anyone who dares intrude on your freedom. Then suddenly you'll realize that this person is someone special, intriguing, and definitely out of the ordinary. Finally, Sagittarius, you'll realize that the qualities he or she offers just happen to be those you need the most right now.

And: “Try not to let yourself get sucked into participating in idle gossip. There will be rumors flying today, and you would be best advised to take cover. While it is true that there is some truth to the gossip, the embellishments to the story have blown everything out of proportion. Feelings are likely to get hurt. If you do not want yours to be among them, steer clear of the whispers.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment