Monday, April 14, 2014

4/14/14

The Hanging Man reversed/Five of Swords. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought), and presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through deliberately attempting to see things in a different way.  The Legacy Hanging Man also tells of initiation and destiny, as well as sacrifice and loss.  Because my card is reversed, this will not be a day for sacrificing my own needs in favor of the needs of others, however, I do need to be careful with the energy of the Five of Swords. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card could be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others.  In any event, with these two cards together I might get stuff accomplished, but I will need to watch out for that tendency to impose my own beliefs and feelings onto others.

My Thoth cards are the Queen of Disks and The Priestess.  Cool! The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  Crowley sees this Queen as striving to manifest pleasurable surroundings, without going overboard, which should mean that I will be satisfied with my accomplishments today.  My Queen balances out that Five of Swords, too, because she is about making things comfy for everyone, rather than the self-focused energies of the Five. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and if I can handle all the energies of my cards today, The Priestess just might deem me as being ready to digest some of that hidden information. 

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands, flavored by the Seven of Wands.  Look out! The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  This card presents an immature version of the Four of Wands, and thus I am being told that whatever I visualize will have the power to manifest, so I had better create with consequences in mind.  My Two of Wands is being flavored by a personally significant Wands card, the Seven of Wands. The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment.  This card also reminds me to choose my projects carefully, and then stand by them until the end.  The Legacy Seven of Wands has a personal message to me: a test is coming.  And since I also had this Legacy Seven of Wands on Friday, I had better keep my eyes open!

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of movement that ends stagnation.

My horoscopes: “You're especially intuitive today, Sagittarius. If this is a fairly new occurrence for you, you could be at a loss as to how to make the most of this gift. Only you can know for sure, but one suggestion is to reflect on changes that you'd like to make at work. Pitch them to your boss. With today's keen insight, you'll almost be able to read his or her mind and anticipate any objections.

And: “Today is likely to prove a very busy day for you, full of interesting and unusual developments. You might find yourself having to run a lot of errands in your near neighborhood, perhaps also making a few short visits. A lot of letters and phone calls, some bringing intriguing news, could also be on your agenda at this time. It might take time for you to process all the information that's coming and to make sense of it all.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment