Monday, April 28, 2014

4/28/14

Two of Wands reversed/The Horned One reversed. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) in an upright position tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  My Two of Wands is reversed today, and connecting to my Will may be difficult.  Less of a chance for being in control, I guess. The Horned One/The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) in an upright position tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things. The Llewellyn Welsh Tarot does not see the Devil as a more negative card (hence the name, “The Horned One” rather than “The Devil”), and my Horned One is reversed rather than upright, but still I do need to be aware of these tendencies and make the appropriate adjustments.  Both of these cards in an upright position represent an imposition of intention or desire onto a situation, one through the element of Fire and one through the element of Earth.  Both are reversed, however, and while giving The Horned One free reign might be a bit counterproductive, having both of these cards reversed could indicate a bit of lethargy.

My Thoth cards are the Six of Disks (“Success”) reversed, and the Princess of Swords.  Success in the physical world is what the Six of Disks refers to. The Six of Disks (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) in an upright position brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position.  Crowley sees the Six of Disks as a card of balance, and while that balance is fertile, it is also temporary.  My card is reversed; another reversed Earth card that hints of a lack of effectiveness today. The Princess/Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  Uncle Al sees this Princess as being a bit on the stern side, and I might need her sternness and mental focus in order to counteract the heaviness of my reversed Six of Disks.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords, flavored by the Eight of Cups reversed. The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  While all of the Knights can be considered as mercinaries, the Knight of Swords truly personifies this career.  Today I need the singlemindedness of my Knight, the man who can get me moving.  My Knight is being flavored by the reversed Eight of Cups. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  My card is reversed (and it is flavoring my Knight of Swords) and I need to remember this phrase from the LWB of the Llewellyn Welsh Tarot regarding the reversed Eight of Cups: “A timid nature attracts predators.”  Sometimes the best thing to do is take a stand; I know my Knight of Swords would like that, and the Princess of Swords above will support the Knight. I need to be decisive; no wishy-washy emotions.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the end of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of position and potential. 

My horoscopes: “You're likely to feel optimistic and enthusiastic about life today, Sagittarius. You might also feel especially sexy, a feeling you should definitely take advantage of! Why not plan a romantic evening with your loved one? Don't hesitate to talk about your travel dreams over dinner. You never know, he or she just might share your dream. Before you know it, the two of you could be winging your way to exotic lands.

And: “You have the opportunity to do some intense self-healing today, in such a way where you communicate much more directly with your core self, without the distractions of the people around you. Do what you can to hone in on exactly the internal issue that requires your attention. It is key that you learn how to address these issues yourself, instead of relying on other people to take care of these kinds of needs for you today.

I am preparing for my annual trip to the Dominican Republic.  I enjoy these trips because I feel a deeper connection to Nature when I am there.  I also am looking forward to some relaxing days.  But there is a lot to get through before I leave.  I am subbing for a Yin Yoga class tomorrow morning, then taking a Yoga Class and teaching my belly dance class in the evening.  Wednesday morning I will offer Thai Massage to my regular client, and Yoga to my regular Wednesday night class.  Then I will pack, and be on my way on Thursday, which happens to be Beltane!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment