Saturday, March 8, 2014

3/8/14

Nine of Wands/Nine of Swords.  Hmmm . . . The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  This card also tells of order and control, and it suggests that we plan for possible hostilities to come. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangable.  There could be worry or suspicion bordering on obsession here, and since both of these cards present the concept of preparing for a perceived attack, I should keep that in mind.  However, the key word here is “perceived,” and perhaps the attack is only in my mind.

My Thoth cards are the Princess of Swords reversed and the Five of Cups (“Disappointment”). The Princess/Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  Uncle Al sees this Princess as being a bit on the stern side, and I might need to curb a tendency to be aggressive.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or disappointment, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made.  This could be an energy drain, or it could just be crying over spilled milk; Uncle Al sees this card as representing the disturbance of the pleasures of the Four of Cups, which is unpleasant (but could end up being invigorating).

My Legacy card is The World, flavored by The Chariot.  Well, that is unexpected, considering my other cards today. The World/Universe, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  The Legacy World card tells of the completion of a journey, and it reminds us that this journey is not linear, but rather circular.  Thus the ending is actually a beginning, too.  The cool thing about the symbolism if the Legacy World card is that it tells me that my experiences during this journey should allow me to be proud to reveal who I am, no matter what battle scars I carry upon my person.  The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions. Victory achieved through self-actualization is the message of this card, no small task.  My Chariot is flavoring my World, and oh boy, what a heady mix these two cards make!

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that occurs as growth slows and degeneration approaches, often requiring a choice of some kind.

My horoscopes: “Be careful of advertising yourself as someone who is so strong and mentally competent that you're capable of handling everything, Sagittarius. Take note that the strongest mule on the trail usually ends up carrying the most weight. Your emotions are more sensitive than you may think, and certainly more than you demonstrate to others. Be honest about the way you feel and not just the way you think.

And: “You may find yourself flying high for no particular reason. If you aren't, stop and examine the situation. More than likely, any emotional discomfort you feel is due to a lack of personal freedom in one way or another. Perhaps you are feeling too tied down emotionally, or too restrained mentally. Perhaps you need to get out of your current situation entirely. Use this day to seek ways to feel more independent in your world.

I’ve had a busy day at my computer.  I have a solid draft for my next PaganPages.org column, plus I wrote a review of The Golden Tarot by Race Point Publishing, one of the three reviews requested by my Editor.  Tomorrow, I will write reviews for two Tarot books, and submit everything by the 20th.  Keep watching for links to the column and the reviews!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment