Tuesday, March 18, 2014

3/18/14

Eight of Wands/Three of Wands.  Wow, Fiery power today!  The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card are fast and strong, and while the dust will surely fly, the end result will be balance . . . once that dust settles.  What I need to remember is that the eruption represented by this card has very little to do with the people in my life, and probably more to do with forces that can’t be controlled by people. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) in an upright position is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities at hand.  I am being told that I need to take the long view; worrying about day-to-day events will not serve me today.

My Thoth cards are The Tower (eeep!) and the Four of Cups (“Luxury”).  Strange pair, that. The Tower (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Mars (action, spontaneity, aggression, drive), Phe (mouth or speech), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (which offers the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration)) is one of the Major Arcana cards that talks of adjustments.  This one tells of a violent or explosive correction in the way things are going that usually happens after more gentle corrections don’t bring the needed result.  I do understand what this card is about, and it is interesting that it appeared today along with the Eight of Wands above. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) reminds me of that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses. This is a card that describes what can happen when nothing goes wrong in our lives, and it is interesting that it is paired with The Tower.  I should probably remind myself that the violent adjustment of The Tower could serve many purposes, and could clear the way for new growth.

My Legacy card is the Nine of Swords, flavored by The Empress reversed. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangable.  I do get this, I do understand the message here, particularly with the other cards presenting themselves today.  Change happens, and when that change is sourced from some thing or someone I can’t control, then I need to accept the change and respond appropriately.  My Nine of Swords is being flavored by the reversed Empress. The Empress (my significator card, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses. My Empress is reversed, and she is telling me that expansion will not be easy today.  Ya think??!!  Looks like a bit of discipline might be in order.

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “You should be feeling emotionally strong today, Sagittarius, although you could find that an idea runs through your head that asks you to slow down and take things once step at a time. The internal dialogue could drive you crazy if you aren't careful. The most important thing to do now is simply follow your heart. Do what you love to do, and associate with the people you love and respect the most.

And: “Welcome to another great day. The energy from the day's aspects is positive and encouraging when it comes to communication and interaction with others. So why not take advantage of this? Get together with friends and family to visit and enjoy yourself. Consider inviting people over for a game or dinner. Even a potluck can be a lot of fun. You work hard all the time, so play hard today!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment