Sunday, March 2, 2014

3/2/14

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

40, Elemental: Gnome (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  The Gnome is about hard work, strength and patience; Gnome is the guardian of the Earth who meets each responsibility fully and completely; he may appear serious, but he is capable of some mischief.  And woe is the person who damages what he guards! 

36, Guide: Bear (North). Earth represents stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change; its dignities are cold/binds and dry/shapes.  Bear is about protection and hibernation, power, shelter and instincts.  Mother bears are fierce, yet gentle, and that is the message of this card.  I am being told by Bear that I should protect and nurture myself, but I should also make use of what I’ve learned to not only connect with my own instincts, but also to nurture and guide others.

7, Guide: Blackbird (East).  East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Blackbirds are known as gatekeepers, which concept is very relevant to me right now.  Blackbirds acquire and then protect territory, and thus they can guide you to other realms, or they can do their best to shut you out of them.  In Celtic myth, the Blackbird is said to have the ability to bring concepts or visions from the astral realms into manifestation on the physical plane (because Blackbird can enter more than one realm, just as blackbirds can exist on land and in the air).

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  This looks like the Gnomes and Blackbirds are guarding the sleeping Bears!  The Gnomes sit between each of the Bears, and the Blackbirds fly overhead.  This week, I may need to be very aware of my physical world, for it looks like there might be things that need extra care, and extra protection alongside the usual nurturing.  This shoring up of the foundation may very well be necessary as the energies around me begin to awaken and activate with the approach of Spring.  The air may be cold and there may be snow on the ground, but the Sun rises a bit higher and a bit earlier each day.  Perhaps besides my preparation, this might be a good time to look ahead and attempt to divine what is to come.  Things might still be a bit indistinct (like the spread-out mandala of this spread), but I just might be able to discern some patterns as they form. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment