Saturday, March 1, 2014

3/1/14

Nine of Wands/Three of Wands reversed. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  This card also tells of wisdom that is only obtained by long-term focus, and it reminds me that assets sometimes need to be guarded (guarded from both the effects of the past and the possible effects of the future).  This card often represents the steps we take in order to prepare for a storm, and this could have a literal meaning as we are preparing for a snow storm. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) in an upright position is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities at hand.  Because my card is reversed, I had better pay close attention to any planning I do, and perhaps I need to keep my eyes on near-term plans rather than far-term plans.

My Thoth cards are The Wheel of Fortune reversed and the Knight/King of Cups. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  Because my Wheel is reversed, I just might be able to change any outcomes today by a judicial imposition of my Will.   The Thoth Tarot sees Knights as Kings.  The King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  He is able to be calm, caring and diplomatic, and still get things done.  He is good at getting others working together in a productive way, but he might not be able to deal with his own strong feelings.

My Legacy card is the Page of Cups reversed, flavored by the King of Swords reversed. This Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) and in an upright position is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys. Because my Page is reversed (and because the upright King of Cups appears elsewhere in my spread today) my emotional focus should be with maturity and sophistication, rather than the innocence of a child. The King of Swords (cusp of Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, cunning, authoritative, and Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, aloof) in an upright position is a good judge of people and situations.  Because my card is reversed, and flavoring my reversed Page of Cups, I am being warned that if I try to analyze things too much, I just might end up alienating those around me.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number that represents the completeness of effect or manifestation.

My horoscopes: “Today, Sagittarius, you might attend a group event of some kind. While there, you could encounter an old friend who seems to have changed. As a result, you might find this person very attractive and direct a rush of physical passion their way. This could be disconcerting, but don't brush it off because you've always thought of this person as a friend. The most successful marriages are the ones that start out as friendships.

And: “Today you may feel like hiding yourself away in your ivory tower, and watching the performance that is going on before your eyes. And why not, if this allows you to get the perspective you need on things. Use period in your life to give things their real value and to see where certain people actually fit in to your world. You're a very lucky person to be able to find this kind of balance in your life.

My next column is up on PaganPages.org; here is a link: http://paganpages.org/content/2014/03/tarot-talk-38/

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment