Sunday, March 23, 2014

3/23/14

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

35, Landscape: Forest (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Forest is about the results over the long term, results which happen because of fertility and nurturing and patience; Forest represents the manifestation of age and wisdom and patience, connections (and results) that are not openly apparent but rather, like roots under the ground, are all around us.  Different energies can work together; a Forest is proof of that.

67, Empathy (Within). Within is the direction of the Self, and thus the cards associated with this direction deal with the ways our Self connects to the world and perceives the world, and the Self.  This direction is mostly abstract, and yet is our bridge to the Universe around us. Empathy is about receptivity, sensitivity, and shared emotions or experiences.  This is not a detached understanding of another, but rather it is about being able to communicate without words, without conscious understanding, as if we ourselves are experiencing the feelings of another being. 

20, Elemental: Salamander (South). South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  Salamander is also intense in personality, but this one is about consumption of fuel, and the changes and transformations that happen through consumption of fuel.  The changes presented by Salamander are more transmutation than transformation or metamorphosis.  Salamanders are actually known for putting out fires!  This is because they consume all fuel and then the flames themselves.  They are true experts, and know just how to handle Fire and its tricky nature.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  This one is incredibly powerful!  The intensities of Salamander are emanating from the hearts within Empathy, not only creating the central point of the Landscape of Forest, but also supporting the lobes of the shape of the Forest card, and also being contained by the wisdom and patence and long-term outlook of the Forest card.  I am also being reminded here that the maintenance of a Forest takes the combined efforts of many entities over a long period of time.  Physical connections empathic connections are needed here, and when combined with the transformative powers of the element of Fire, I can make use of the natural energies around me.  Those natural energies may seem chaotic, but they do have their own patterns.  I am also being reminded that I have the perfect tool that will allow me to connect with those natura energies: my breath.  Pranayama, anyone??

This weekend and next weekend are busy ones for me, smack dab in the middle of several very transformative weeks.  I am being reminded by my Transparent Oracle spread that even uncomfortable changes offer great possibilities.  If nothing else, the chaos can scour clean the lenses through which I perceive my world. 

I went for a walk at Point Park yesterday.  It is still winter along the trails, and there is a beauty to be found in the stark stillness of the grays and browns in the meadows and forests.  I am actually enjoying these last weeks of stillness, because I sense that once Spring begins to manifest, everything will awaken all at once.  And that awakening is coming!  Yesterday three crocus blossoms opened in my garden!  My neighbors have narcissus in their gardens, and the little daffodils are out, thumbing their noses at the snow predicted for Tuesday. 

There is a pair of cardinals building a nest in the cypress trees in my yard.  I’m really enjoying the hustle and bustle as the pair build their nest.  There is nothing more beautiful in late Winter than a pair of cardinals sitting on the lefless branch of a tree.

Aaaand, I woke up to my first “attack of the beach ants”!  Now I KNOW Spring can’t be far away!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment