Thursday, March 13, 2014

3/13/14

Page of Wands/King of Pentacles reversed. The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is fun to be around, unless you have a migraine. The Llewellyn Welsh Page of Wands brings an important message: a positive and exciting phase has arrived and it is time to enjoy this phase. Everything around me should be stimulating today, and that could be a bit exhausting, at least on the surface, but I should not turn away from opportunities to socialize. The King of Pentacles (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) in an upright position is the expert on managing resources and on the physical world manifestation of all kinds.  The King is the steward of Nature and the generous and supporting boss, and he is reminding me that I need to appreciate the talents and abilities of those around me, for they have the potential to bring benefit to all.  Because my King is reversed, I might be tempted to make today all about me.  This will not be good in the end, and I should be aware of my thoughts, words and deeds, and the consequences created by them. 

My Thoth cards are the Nine of Swords (“Cruelty”) and the Queen of Cups. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangable.  There could be worry or suspicion bordering on obsession here, but the “agony of the mind” could very well be self-created. The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  She is comfortable with her own feelings (whatever they are), and she nurtures and encourages the dreams of others, too.  She is reminding me that even in situations where cruelty and worry are in control, the best response might be compassionate passivity.

My Legacy card is the Queen of Coins, flavored by the Two of Cups reversed.  Lots of Court Cards today! The Queen of Coins (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  She has a “greatness of soul” and can easily manifest this greatness around her in order to bring comfort and security to all.  Perhaps this striving to assist others is a good focus for me today, and in some ways the reversed Two of Cups, the card flavoring my Queen of Coins, validates this. The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) in an upright position tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities, and a recognition or acknowledgement that a bond is beginning to happen, or is beginning to be restored after forgiveness is offered and received.  This card can be considere the Minor Arcana version of The Lovers, and it tells of entwining energies and friendships or alliances with emotional components.  My reversed Two of Cups could be reminding me that a one-on-one focus is not a good one today, and I would be better off bringing my own healing energies to the group. 

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “Why keep fighting a fight that you know you can't win, Sagittarius? Why keep trying to fool yourself and others into thinking that you have all the answers when you're only aware of the tip of the iceberg? The mass of knowledge lies well beneath the surface. Instead of fighting, offer to surrender. At this point, others will be much more willing to quench your thirst for truth. The key for you is to listen.

And: “While long-term trends in your life may not be going exactly the way you want them to, you certainly have plenty of short-term pleasures to enjoy - especially today. Feel free to indulge in things that you might normally say no to. There is a great opportunity now to form an extremely powerful bond with someone close to you. Find this connection by immersing yourself in the things that you love to do the most.

I’m struggling this week.  Spring Ahead is a difficult time for me, and waking up one hour earlier (and attempting to fall asleep one hour earlier) is a challenge.  Ugh, why do we have Daylight Savings Time again? 

Despite the Springing Ahead difficulties, I’ve taught three Yoga Classes this week and attended two as a student.  I still have two book reviews to write, and I need to finalize my PaganPages.org article, but I feel good that I accomplished anything at all.

And tomorrow is Friday!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment