Thursday, March 20, 2014

3/20/14

Six of Wands/Two of Cups. The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge. I am being told I should feel satisfied because I am in good standing with the powers that be.  The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities, and a recognition or acknowledgement that a bond is beginning to happen, or is beginning to be restored after forgiveness is offered and received. The Llewellyn Welsh Two of Cups image contains the traditional Caduceus of Hermes (the Messenger of the Greek Gods, guide of the dead and protector of merchants, gamblers, liars and thieves), with a lion (representing strength, courage, authority over the subconscious, sound judgment and prudence) between the wings at the top.  The Caduceus of Hermes or Staff of Hermes shows a staff being climbed by two serpents (representing peace, rebirth, restoration and regeneration) entwined in the form of a double helix, and sometimes surmounted by wings.  The Roman version of Hermes is Mercury, and so the Caduceus of Hermes can be used to represent both the planet Mercury, and the elemental metal of the same name; thus, the Two of Cups is connected to alchemy.

My Thoth cards are the Knight of Wands and the Six of Disks (“Success”).  Ooooh, niiice. In the Thoth Tarot, the Knights equal the rank of King.  The Knight/King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is admired by all and is able to assert authority without alienating others, but he can still be impulsive.  Crowley sees this Knight as being both fierce and generous, but also unpredictable.  However, being paired with the Six of Disks, I don’t think this will be an issue today.  The Six of Disks (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position. Crowley sees the Six of Disks as a card of balance, and while that balance is fertile, it is also temporary.  My Knight/King should make the best of even a temporary balance.

My Legacy card is the Two of Cups (again!) and the Ace of Wands reversed.   The Two of Cups can be considere the Minor Arcana version of The Lovers, and it tells of entwining energies and friendships or alliances with emotional components. The Legacy card represente our reflection as seen in the eyes of our lover; a nice image.  My Legacy Two of Cups is also paired with a Wands card, the reversed Ace of Wands.  The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project.  Because my Ace is reversed, I need to guard against biting off more than I can chew.  Can’t overextend myself, and perhaps I need to remember that I don’t need to do it all on my own.  After all, the Two of Cups appeared twice in my throw today. 

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the ending of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of potential and position. 

My horoscopes: “Feel free to match your plaid pants with your paisley shirt today, Sagittarius. Accessorize with wild sneakers and a striped jacket. Let the oddball within you shine brightly! This is a terrific day for you, and you should feel free to express yourself openly and loudly to the world. You should experience a great deal of self-confidence. Take full advantage of it at this time.

And: “You may feel that you have to defend your motives today. And this can really put you off - especially if you can't see a reason for it. Try not to take it personally. Just because you know where you're coming from doesn't mean the other person does. It may simply be a communication problem. Work to clarify your position. If this doesn't suffice, it's not your problem anymore. The other person will have to look at their trust issues.

I feel pretty good about my card throw today, because it is validating my own thoughts.  This week and next week are a time of transitions for me.  Not only is today Ostara, the Spring Equinox and a day of balance, but my Yin Yoga substitution gig ended this past Tuesday, it looks like my Gentle Yoga substitution gig may end at the end of class this evening, and next Tuesday is my last belly dance class at Off the Beaten Path, which is closing as of April 1.  The majorityof my focus these past two months has been on these three endeavors, and by the end of March, they will all transform into something new. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment