Monday, August 20, 2012

Ten of Wands reversed/Eight of Swords reversed.  Wow, things might start moving today. The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) is a card that tells of being taxed to some perceived limit.  My Ten of Wands is reversed, however, and I think it is telling me to go ahead and work hard, because I will be able to hang in there until the tasks are done. The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of confusion and restriction, or of being stymied by obstacles, but like my Ten of Wands, it is reversed.  Today, I will be in the right place at the right time, and I will be productive.  And I will enjoy what I’m doing, no matter what it is.  Cool!

My Thoth card is the Prince of Disks reversed. The Prince/Knight of Disks (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring. This Knight in an upright position would be encouraging me to focus on practical matters, but since he is reversed, I had better watch out for some imbalance in the Earthly energies of the day.  I need to get things done in the physical world, but not to the point of debilitation.  \

My Legacy card is the Nine of Swords reversed, flavored by The Fool.  Now those are interesting cards!! The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  If something does happen today to make me worry, I won’t worry for long.  I should be able to turn the worry into a lesson. This seems to be validated by the card flavoring my Nine of Swords reversed, The Fool.  The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea; he reminds me that creative energy is neither positive nor negative.  It is up to me to impose good and positive or uncomfortable and negative intentions into the potential of the day.  And from the looks of things, I will choose positive!

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “You may find that today brings great physical strength and energy, Sagittarius. You may want to do some really challenging, physical work. This is the day for it, so why not go to it? Do some yard work or clean out closets, cupboards, drawers, and filing cabinets. Consider donating items that you don't use anymore or plan a garage sale to make a couple bucks.

And: “Be yourself and you can do no wrong. This is one of those days when you barely need to make any effort to go a long distance. You will find that there is a great deal of power at your disposal, and that confidence in yourself is invaluable. Feel free to grab the microphone and express your opinion to the people around you. Your words and thoughts are highly charged.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Queen of Wands.  Oh, what a perfect image for today!  The Queen on this card plays music, and all around her are drawn to listen.  She knows she sounds good, but she is not vain, just comfortable with her own talent (after all, she did the work to be good, studied and practiced).   That vanity could be tempting to her, but she would rather simply have fun than to do the work to be vain.

Fall is in the air; yes, believe it or not, despite all the warmth, the first signs of Fall are beginning to appear.  This morning during my bike ride, I saw the beginnings of blossoms on the virgin’s bower all around the Cape May area; I could even catch a bit of its glorious fragrance.  The days are warm, but the nights are cool and comfortable.  Many plants are done flowering, but the late summer bloomers are bursting with blossoms.

I am feeling that my own life is at this stage as well.  I am experiencing these late season blossoms, and I am seeing the fruits of my labors, all around me.  Progress is marvelous!

Tomorrow, back to Astrology.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment