Friday, August 24, 2012


Nine of Swords reversed/Knight of Swords.  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  This card has been appearing often of late, both upright and reversed.  I think I need to be more aware of my expectations and of my perception of how things will turn out.  After all, in most cases, worry is a total waste of energy, particularly when we worry about things that haven’t occurred yet, or things that are over and done with, and thus not able to be changed.  Because my Nine of Swords is reversed, I should be pretty successful in this attempt to be optimistic.  The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is brave, insightful, courageous, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  Good thing my Nine isn’t upright here, or there would be a potential for my Knight to connect with the pessimism of the upright Nine, and then to crash and burn.  Instead, his passion and enthusiasm should carry me through the day in fine style. 

My Thoth card is the Prince of Swords reversed.  Bookends!!  The Prince/Knight of Swords of the Thoth Tarot, when upright, is seen as pure intellect.  He is filled with powerful ideas, but they are all moving in their own direction, willy-nilly.  He approaches this chaos in military style, but his intense power and rigidity could make things worse.  Because this one is reversed, I just might be able to bring in some compassion here, and maybe some toleration for imperfection (which could make things fun).

My Legacy card is The Ten of Coins flavored by the Nine of Wands.  The Ten of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) represents physical world wealth and bounty, and the attempt to maintain the status quo.  This card tells me that my efforts to bring stability and prosperity into all the phases of my physical world are effective.  Things are going good, but I do need to remember one thing: I need to do something with all this good stuff I am attracting to me.  The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a good card to have here in some ways; it reminds me to take a stand and to actively defend my position.  This card is not about giving ground in order to strengthen a position; rather it is about pushing back.  Hopefully it is not here because someone is attacking my hard-won physical world bounty, but in any event, it tells me that I have the stamina to overcome and the wisdom to know when to act and when to just stand firm.

More about the Knight of Swords, my Bookends card.  I see the suit of Swords as representing the element of Air and everything connected with the workings of the mind and the intellect.  For most of my decks, I see the rank of Knight as representing the element of Fire, and passion, intensity and creativity.  That means that the Knight of Swords is Fire of Air, and that is a very potent combination (although depending on its intensity, the effect could be short-lived).  In most decks, the Knights are the mercenaries of the Court Cards; they don’t involve their own emotions in their decision-making processes, and this Knight could be the poster boy for that concept.  the Thoth Prince of Swords is shown brandishing his Sword so as to separate the Ego (which he keeps with himself) from the thoughts in his mind (which would require him to think of consequences, and thus, have compassion for others).  The Knight of Swords is quick moving, intense and active.  He is naturally inclined towards dominance, and is quite impulsive, although his intentions are usually good.  The results, however, are not always good.  This Knight can be positively tyrannical, imprudent, deceitful, and crafty in a selfish way.  He can be bigoted, chauvinistic, disrespectful of women, and jealous of those who have attained happiness. 

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and aware response to the pause and beginning of degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Be careful that you aren't acting in a way that you dislike in others, Sagittarius. You could find that you're slowly taking on the traits of the people you despise. Lighten up a bit and put a smile on your face. If you continue to see the negative side of everything, it's likely that other people will only see the negative side of you.

And: “Give your adventuresome, world-traveling spirit room to soar today. This is a good time to embrace your dreams and express them. Write them down, talk to others, and physically say them out load. Communication and information are key elements to this day. Things may be moving fast and furiously so stay alert and stay tuned in to the electric energy that is buzzing all around you. The best things in life are apt to come on a whim.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Four of Wands.  This card tells of the glorious and joyful celebration that occurs after the attainment and successful completion of the first leg of the journey towards our goal.  How fun it is to stop and look at what we’ve done so far; but we should not tarry too long, for all this initial success will need maintenance and nurturing in order to attain its final form.

We’ve got new guests at the Blue Moon House this weekend, guests who have never stayed with us before.  That is always fun!  I think hubby and I have gotten pretty good at giving people a real taste of what Cape May has to offer, and hopefully the weather will cooperate so once again, our guests will leave us at the end of their time at the Blue Moon House with smiles on their faces and joy in their hearts.

Happy Friday!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment