Friday, August 3, 2012

Nine of Wands reversed/Nine of Cups.  Two Nines!  The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering), which has been appearing for me of late, reminds us that even when it seems that we are outnumbered and outmaneuvered, we do have the strength, courage, and stamina to win by the time the day is done.  My Nine of Wands is reversed again; by showing up reversed, it is reminding me that my ability to protect myself has not yet been truly tested, but since the card showed up, I should be aware that this test may come.  The Nine of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in my feelings and in my expectations for the day. I am being told an important thing here.  If I allow positive emotions and feelings to fill me, that is what I will attract to me. The Nine of Cups and the reversed Nine of Wands are a somewhat reassuring pair; I just need to visualize positive things, hang in there even if I am tired, remember that I don’t need to go forward alone, and believe in my own ability to succeed.  Simple.

My Thoth card is the Queen of Cups.  I love the image on this card; so dreamy!  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  I should be effective in feeding and nurturing my dreams today, and my inner voice could be beyond value, especially when I combine my Queen with my other two Cups cards, the Nine of Cups and the reversed Seven of Cups.  Feelings are important, but so is clarity of the mind, and thankfully my Wands cards are situated to bring a bit of balance.

My Legacy card is the Seven of Cups reversed, flavored by the Six of Wands.  The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) in an upright position represents the distraction and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with enticing choices, but thankfully my Seven of Cups is reversed.  My emotions should not end up clouding my judgment today, and that is a good thing.  The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge.  My Six of Wands is finally upright after appearing reversed, so no matter what happens, I need to see the events of the day in a way that makes me a winner. And if I pay attention to the rest of the cards I threw as well as these two, I should be fine!

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of movement that dispels stagnation.

My horoscopes: “A war could be brewing in your world today, Sagittarius. Emotionally charged arguments shoot back and forth with conviction. Try not to get discouraged. Don't burn any bridges either. Remember that your words may fall on extremely sensitive ears, so use them with care. There's a very active part of your psyche that needs to be heard. Feel free to say your peace openly and honestly.

And: “Paperwork involving money may need to be executed today, and this could take you away from doing what you love most: working on your own projects, and spending time with a love partner. Don't let yourself get too crazy over it; that might cause you to make mistakes. Correcting those errors would then eat up more of your time. Take care of it methodically and yet quickly, and you'll be able to get back to your life. Enjoy!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ten of Wands.  Oy, I understand this one.  We do carry burdens, and we support those burdens with our own life’s blood and energy.  Sometimes this support is a necessary price to pay in order to successfully meet our responsibilities, but perhaps at other times, we are perceiving the need as greater than it actually is.  Taxing ourselves to the limit of our endurance and beyond can be a useful exercise, but try this too much, and we will completely run out of oomph.  We will find that our get-up-and-go got-up-and-went.

I am hoping to spend a lot of time in my garden this weekend, if the weather allows, so there may not be a post tomorrow.  But no matter what, I will be back on Sunday with a Transparent Oracle post. 

More Astrology info.  Today, Mutable signs.  Mutable signs are good at making adjustments; they can be understanding, extroverted, and they can be real good at analyzing a situation.  The signs designated as Mutable can draw from any traits, either positive or negative, of either Cardinal and/or Fixed signs.

Mutable signs are flexible, and they tend to thrive on change; to them, change allows them to see life from many different perspectives.   The adaptability of Mutable signs makes them light on their feet in a crisis.  They work well with different types of people, exchanging ideas and working on plans for what to do next.  Often they are able to bring people together, or mesh and integrate many ideas together.  They tend to be quickly evolving, and are at home in the midst of chaos.  Mutable signs experience a sense of multiple selves, and can at times struggle to feel real and solid in themselves. Their sense of identity is loose and always changing, but over time, a core sense of “self” is created; after all, stability does need change in order to exist.

While Cardinal signs manifest in part through the effects of each of the elements, the Mutable signs manifest by using their particular elements as tools.

The mutable signs are:

Gemini (The Twins, May 21 to June 20):  This sign lies between the Spring and Summer seasons.  Gemini is Mutable Air, able to ride the winds and breezes of ideas, taking in and disseminating what it collects.

Virgo (The Virgin, August 23 to September 22):  This sign lies between the Summer and Autumn seasons.  Virgo is Mutable Earth, changes through purification of the body and by being a force of healing for others.

Sagittarius (The Archer, November 22 to December 21):  This sign lies between the Autumn and Winter seasons.  Sagittarius is Mutable Fire, and evolves through learning, travel, seeking knowledge; and by using intuition to glean the truth from these experiences.

Pisces (The Fish, February 20 to March 20):  This sign lies between the Winter and Spring seasons.  Pisces is Mutable Water, and dwells in the collective depths; because it is the last sign, it contains all the signs.

Cool!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment