Saturday, August 25, 2012


Seven of Cups reversed/Six of Swords. The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with enticing choices. Thankfully, my Seven is reversed, so I won’t feel addicted to pleasure today.  The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  This is a great card, because it is telling me that if I use my mind and my intellect, I will be able to move on, move past the things that might cause worry.  My Six of Swords is flavoring my reversed Seven of Cups, which is also good.  I just might be able to feel good about myself and about the choices available to me, without ending up drunk on pleasure.  Only a little tipsy!

My Thoth card is the Three of Disks.  “Work” The Three of Disks (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) tells of competence, planning and teamwork, and those seem to be the energies that will be the most productive today.  While the suit of Disks is heavy, the number 3 is filled with outward-flowing energy, so this card really does give some nice energy.  It tells me that something has been already begun in my physical world, and whatever it is, it contains good potential.

My Legacy card is the Five of Coins reversed, flavored by the Four of Cups. The Five of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) traditional image shows a woman and a child, one of them injured in some way, travelling in the cold wind, with a church window behind them.  This card in an upright position tells of loss or need within the physical world, but thankfully since my Five of Coins is reversed, that time of need is past.  In fact, there could be enough ease and pleasure to create a bit of stagnation, or so my Four of Cups is reminding me. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) tells us that too much pleasure deadens the senses.  Things may be getting better or easier for me in the physical realms, but there is danger in relaxing at this stage.  Don’t relax yet!

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of completeness of manifestation and effect.

My horoscopes: “Today you might learn about new and creative ways to increase your income, Sagittarius, possibly involving technology in some way. So much new information could come your way that you find it hard to keep track of it, so make sure you take note of where you found it so you can consult the source later. Your mind could be going so fast that you need to take a walk to clear your head

And: “A group event could find a current or potential love partner paying a lot of attention to other people. This might cause you to feel neglected and unloved, as though your friend were deliberately doing this to hurt you. This is probably not the case. Your partner is probably just trying to be sociable and doesn't realize that it's upsetting you. Do some mingling of your own. Your friend might have the same reaction as you, and come running!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding Strength.  Nice!!  This card shows two kinds of strength, the strength that is the lion and The Sun, and the strength that allows us to tame that lion and control The Sun.  If we are quietly confident, steady, and strive to manifest through love, we can accomplish quite a bit!

I did my 10 mile bike ride this morning, and really enjoyed the occasional blasts of fragrance from the virgin’s bower.  The vines aren’t at peak blossom yet, so I should have at least two more weekends of enjoyment.  I also did some Yoga this morning, and actually, this worked well for me right after the bike ride.  The Yoga was a good cool-down, and I did not experience any stiffness at all.

I am feeling very connected to the energies of the physical world today, the invisible part of the physical realm, not easy to measure with our physical world measuring tools, but very much there, very much perceivable, if you know what to look for.  Someone posted this on FaceBook, and it really resonates for me today: “I am EARTH - I nurture my roots. I am AIR - I breathe deeply. I am FIRE - I radiate passion. I am WATER - I feel at peace. I am Spirit - I am Connected to all.”  This will be my mantra for the weekend. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment