Friday, August 10, 2012

King of Pentacles/Ace of Swords.  The King of Pentacles (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on the physical world, on physical world resources, and on physical manifestation.  He is a pillar of the community, makes a good example, and turns to gold everything he touches.  The King is the same as the Knight in that he will do what he says he will do, come hell or high water; the difference between the two is that the Knight acts for responsibility’s sake, whereas the King acts with profit in mind.  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) is about potential within the mental or intellectual realms.  The Sword is a double-edged blade, I need to remember today that the intellect has the power to either help or hurt.  The best thing to do would be to allow that King of Pentacles to use his well-honed caution to examine thoughts, words or deeds, before they are released.  But I should not get too caught up in analysis and caution, either.  All work and no play makes Raushanna a dull girl.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Swords.  “Interference” may be an issue today.  The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of confusion and restriction, or of being stymied by obstacles.  Or at least, having the perception of being confused, restricted or stymied.  Logic and analysis are valuable tools for perceiving and dispelling blockages, but if we give them free reign, they will turn on us.  Crowley sees this card as representing the kinds of interference that are caused by plain old bad luck, by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Ugh!

My Legacy card is the Ten of Wands, flavored by the Ace of Coins reversed.  Symptom and remedy?  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) is a card which tells of being taxed to some perceived limit.  My Ten of Wands tells me I have a lot to get done today, and in order to check everything off my list, I will need to guard against running out of gas (as this is something that may happen today).  The Ace of Coins (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world.  Since my Ace is reversed, and it is flavoring my Ten of Wands, I will need to be extra aware of the fuel I am expending within the physical world.  If I can turn that Ace of Coins around, I just might end up reversing the Ten of Wands.  Good goal, and good focus, for the day.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation from the possibility and position of the number 1, and the balance, polarity, and understanding of distance between of the 2.

My horoscopes: “Pressure to get unfinished tasks completed and new ones begun causes emotions to run high, Sagittarius. Everyone, including you, is likely to feel tired and stressed, and quarrels may erupt. It might be best if you focus on the tasks at hand and ignore the petty squabbles that crop up around you. This will keep your blood pressure down and reassure those you want to impress.

And: “It could be that you feel reprimanded, because of the way you reacted to a situation that came out differently than you had hoped. Trust that you acted in the best, most calm and understanding way possible. If the person you were dealing with does not understand your actions, then remember that this is probably more of a result of their own baggage, and not yours.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ace of Pentacles.  This card tells me that a seed has been dropped into fertile earth and any efforts I expend in order to nurture that seed should offer good results, at least the way the energies stand right now.  Great opportunities are afoot; I have only to perceive them in order to take the first steps towards taking advantage of them. 

Last night, I offered a distance Reiki treatment to someone, for the first time in a long time.  The energy raised during that treatment was incredible, and I actually had trouble sleeping afterwards.  I am looking forward to hearing about the experiences of my recipient. 

Tomorrow is the beginning of our annual family vacation; I will do my best to at least get my card interpretations posted, if not more.  These vacations are incredibly wonderful because I have such awesome in-laws.  We connect on an individual basis regularly, but getting them all together like this is something to be anticipated with excitement, anticipation, joy, and love.

Today, we talk about The Moon.  The Moon rules the sign of Cancer and the Fourth House (more about the Houses later); it is associated with everything corresponding with the element of Water, and travel and emotions and feelings, with feeling melancholy, as well as the impatience of human nature.

The Moon corresponds to Diana, the hunter Goddess.  While we mostly remember that our Earth holds the Moon in place, The Moon is large enough for its gravity to affect the Earth as well, stabilizing the Earth’s orbit like a counterweight, and producing the regular ebb and flow of the tides. The lunar day syncs up with its orbit around Earth to that the same side of the Moon always faces the Earth, and the other side, known as the “far side of the Moon” faces towards space.  Kind of like the conscious mind and the subconscious mind, eh?

Astrologically the Moon is associated with a person’s emotional make-up, unconscious habits, rhythms, memories, moods, and a person’s ability to react and adapt to those around them.  In medicine, the Moon is associated with the digestive system, the stomach, the breasts, the ovaries and menstruation (which occurs on a monthly cycle), and the pancreas.  The Moon is commonly associated with the phlegmatic humor, and it generally rules animal spirits.

Within Wicca, the Moon is seen as a representation of the receptive and fertile essence that is the Great Mother, the Goddess, and with the feminine mysteries.  The Moon is literally activated by the Sun; the Moon shines with a reflection of the light of the Sun.  Without our Sun, we would not see our Moon, and symbolically, the Moon’s fertility needs the light of the Sun in order to be activated and in order to manifest. 

The Moon is also associated with the mother, maternal instincts or the urge to nurture, with the home and the need for security, and with the past, especially early experiences and childhood.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment