Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Knight of Wands/Four of Pentacles.  The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) is a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy.  He often represents the coming of some important event.  His response to any challenge is usually swift and strong; he is inventive, but he can be a bit abrupt or even somewhat violent.  This is not a quiet card! The Four of Pentacles (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution cunning) tells of very solid foundations and an awareness of the value of our possessions.  This Four is a card of earthy power, and probably the most stubborn card within a suit that doesn’t like to think out of the box.  Perhaps my Four will offer a bit of grounding to my Knight, and I will be able to tap into all that passion and enthusiasm, and focus it all onto things that are important to me.

My Thoth card is the Nine of Wands reversed. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) reminds us that it is when things seem worst that we must take a stand. My Nine of Wands is reversed, and I am being told that I still have not been truly tested yet.  And let’s face it, we might know the theory behind swimming, but until we jump into the deep end of the pool and flap our arms and legs, we just don’t know that we can do it.  No need to panic; theory is valuable, too.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords, flavored by the Ace of Cups. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the complete manifestation of interference, powerlessness and restriction.  This card shows what sometimes happens when we give the intellect free reign: overkill, death by analysis.  My Ten is being flavored by the Ace of Cups, an optimistic card. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potentials available to me for experiencing deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, compassion for myself or others, attunements and connections.  My Ace just might dilute some of the sense of isolation and hopelessness attached to the Ten of Swords.  I guess I just need to remember that hopelessness is often followed by enlightenment and understanding, and it is only by reaching rock bottom that the climb back upward can begin.  Powerful message!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate response to the slowing of growth and beginning of degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Today you could recapture the joy in life that you had as a child, Sagittarius. You're serious by nature, and feelings of joy are to be lived and treasured. You could be experiencing true flow. There might not be any real reason for it, so don't try to find one. Your imagination and your relationships with others could be enhanced as a result. Relish the moment.

And: “It's a great day to set some goals or to review your existing ones. If you don't have a working list, it's high time you got one started. Start by simple brainstorming. Write down everything you want that comes to mind - without censorship. Just let your thoughts flow. From there, prioritize the list, include the steps needed to reach the goal, and consider the time frames. Map out your life so you can go where you want.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Queen of Pentacles.  What a perfect card for me today.  This Queen is kind, charming yet timid, and eager to help others in any way that she can.  She willingly shares her own talents and strengths and resources, and receives so much in return through the knowledge that she has helped others.

I’ve had a busy and productive day, working on some of my Third Degree Training responsibilities, and trying to catch up so I can enjoy a long weekend with family.  Progress is a wonderful thing, and I will sleep well tonight.

I’ve also been looking at 7 speed bicycles, and I think I’ve narrowed down my choice.  The bike I’ve chosen is considered a “comfort” bike, and it’s kind of a hybrid between a beach cruiser and a mountain bike.  If they are still in stock, I should have my new “steed” by Friday.  Maybe I’ll be biking for bread on a new bike this weekend!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment