Thursday, August 9, 2012

Seven of Cups/Queen of Wands reversed.  The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with enticing choices.  I may find myself mesmerized by the potential in just about every opportunity that appears to me today.  I may end up like the Scarecrow of the Wizard of Oz, explaining the benefits to be had from every road before me.  The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) in an upright position is energetic and enthusiastic, gives 100% of herself, and always has a smile on her face and humor in her heart.  My Queen in a reversed position tells me that today I may feel a sense of authority of some kind, and I will need to be careful that I don’t overpower others in my enthusiasm, or trample on their own visions.  Looks like the Scarecrow should let someone else determine the virtues of each choice, because he will only see the good of it all, and so will I.

My Thoth card is the Queen of Cups.  Another Queen!  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  This Queen brings me the gifts of vision, wisdom and happiness.  She is supportive and nurturing, and gets pleasure from connecting with the energy fields of others, particularly when there is an exchange of “good vibrations.”  However, she does tend to be a bit of a receptive empath, so I should be careful that I don’t pick up on the feelings or moods of others today (unless they are good feelings and moods, of course!).

My Legacy card is the Nine of Cups reversed, flavored by the Three of Swords.  Eeep!  Just as I was getting relaxed.  The Nine of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in my feelings and in my expectations for the day.  My Nine of Cups is reversed, though, and I think its message is similar to my reversed Seven of Cups above.  I need to be very cautious regarding what I visualize, and supply as much detail as possible, because things might not turn out in the end the way I want them to.  The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion.  This card is flavoring my reversed Nine of Cups.  Oy, that does not bode well for a good outcome of the day.  But maybe what I need here, with all these Watery cards (even my Wands card is a Queen, which corresponds to Water), is a dose of reality.  And boy, that’s what the Three of Swords can bring.  I need to be careful that my feelings, thoughts or words don’t end up making me the cause of any pain or sense of betrayal, and I need to hope that if I am the recipient, things are not too bad. 

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the concept of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “An unexpected letter could arrive today, Sagittarius, with a check enclosed, perhaps a gift, bonus, or offer to make more money. This might be a welcome break, possibly coming at a time when you really need it. If it's work, don't worry about the time involved. You'll be able to finish it quickly and efficiently. It might lead to more offers in the future.

And: “Physically, you're likely to be feeling strong and energetic. This is a good day to look into the possibility of expanding your horizons. All signs are good for personal and career success. Some surprising communications from friends or neighbors could bring fascinating information your way, and you'll know just what to do with it. Follow your instincts!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the King of Cups.  This King is a protector; he watches over and guides those around him with love and compassion. He shows us how to go with the flow, and how to effectively make use of the prevailing currents. But don’t make the mistake of assuming that his gentleness equates weakness!

Okay, let’s talk a bit about some of the planets.  First, our own personal star, the Sun. The Sun is the ruler of Leo and the Fifth House (more on the Houses later), and corresponds with Appolo, the God of Light.  Our entire solar system revolves around the Sun, so it makes sense that the Sun is an integral part of Astrology.  The sign that most people know is their Sun sign; the Sun travels through each of the 12 signs (spending about a month in each), and the Sun sign indicates what sign the Sun was in at the time of your birth. 

The Sun is seen to represent the conscious self, the ego, or what we in Wicca call the Talking Self, and the manners in which the Talking Self expresses itself.  The Sun can also represent personal pride, authority, the ability to lead, and the “life force,” composed of creativity, spontaneity, health and vitality.  Some see The Sun as connected to music, many see it connected to athleticism.  The Sun governs bile temperament, and the dosha of Pitta. 

In Wicca, the Sun is seen as a representation of the Catalyst or Activating Principle that is the Sacred Masculine or the God.  In Wicca, the God is seen as the Catalyst who activates the fertility of the Goddess; the God is also seen as being responsible for physical world manifestation.  He protects all of Nature, usually by being both the Hunter and the Hunted.  He is needed for birth to happen, but he also brings a timely death, all so that life can be eternal.  He is a most wise Steward who cares deeply about those for which He is responsible.

The Sun is seen as the “supreme light,” and because the Sun brings illumination to the shadows, it is seen to represent prophecy as well as leadership.

Next post, we will talk about The Moon!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment