Friday, August 31, 2012


Two of Wands reversed/Eight of Wands reversed.  The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority.  That is, when it is upright; but my card is reversed today, so the group is more important.  I certainly can boldly go where no man has gone before with a group! The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  In an upright position, this one is powerful as well, but like my Two of Wands, it is reversed.  Again I am being told to wait a bit.  One thing though, I am not being told to give up.  All this Wands power is there, but I just can’t tap into it.  Yet.

My Thoth card is the Six of Swords.  “Science” is Crowley’s keyword for this one.  The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  This is a great card, because it is telling me that if I use my mind and my intellect, I will be able to move on, move past the things that might cause worry. This card presents an effective image that very nicely helps us to understand what it feels like to be carried away from the anguishes of our daily lives.  We can’t always control those anguishes; instead, we need to move beyond them.  And knowledge used in a harmonious and balanced manner just might do the trick!

My Legacy card is The Lovers, flavored by The Moon reversed.  Woo!  The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) tells of union and of personal choices.   The Lovers is about duality too, but somehow I get the feeling that the connections are the most important today.  This card is about feelings, but these feelings are mostly spiritual or intellectual in nature. The Moon corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is also about feelings.  These aren’t always comfortable though, but since my Moon is reversed, I will be serene, untroubled and at peace.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of movement that erases stagnation.

My horoscopes: “The need to attend to business or networking obligations disguised as parties could get to you today, Sagittarius. You may have been forced to attend too many of these recently, and now there are even more coming up. You dread going to a place you don't want to go, eating food you hate, talking pleasantly with people you can't stand. Decline if you can. Life's too short.

And: “Your intuition and imagination are operating at a very high level today, and you may be inspired to write. However, you aren't likely to have enough ideas or information to actually put pen to paper. There is no rush, though. Take some time to allow the ideas to crystallize and set them down later. Someone in a bad mood may try to draw you into a quarrel. Don't fall into this trap! Brush it off and say you're busy!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ten of Cups.  The outside world ceases to exist when we find emotional harmony and joy.  Bliss at last!!

This is actually the post for August 30th, just missed the time and it's already tomorrow.  Next, we will talk about Saturn.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment