Wednesday, August 22, 2012


Eight of Cups/Five of Cups.  The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) is a card of action, telling of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions.  Crowley sees this one as the “hangover card,” and it could be telling me that something I once thought was pleasurable or important is in reality of little consequence. The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) also tells of an emotional setback, or perhaps a perception that support is lacking.  This one reminds me that sometimes fulfillment can be found where I least expect it.  Maybe not so bad, eh?

My Thoth card is the Queen of Cups.  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  I think the most important gift she is giving me today is the ability to get pleasure from connecting with the energy fields of others, particularly when there is an exchange of “good vibrations.”  And she does not crow about her ability to make people feel good either, and neither should I.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Wands reversed, flavored by the Page of Swords reversed.  The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position would tell of the presence of inspiration that could very well bring creativity and passion into my life.  My Ace, however, is reversed.  Could be all that Water extinguishing the Fire?  My reversed Ace is being flavored by another reversed card, the reversed Page of Swords. The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) reminds us to use our mind and intellect to analyze situations, as well as the messages of our senses, and he also reminds us to ask the questions “why?” and “how?”  Because my Page is reversed, I might not be as cunning as I think I am, particularly with that Ace of Wands being reversed, too.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “With today's energy, you can take steps toward getting things in order, Sagittarius. Tackle desk drawers, closets, storage rooms, or filing cabinets. When you create order, you gain a sense of peace and personal control. Mental organization, such as goal planning, brainstorming, or scheduling, will add to this, too. Do what you can to clean out as many mental and physical corners as possible.

And: “News about changes in your near neighborhood could throw everyone in your community for a loop. This may involve new businesses, or it could involve new laws or ordinances that don't sit well with everyone. Therefore, you can expect a lot of phone calls, impromptu meetings, and other community contact that could turn discussions into heated quarrels. Be prepared - and remember to stay focused.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Pentacles.  This Page guards the spark of new life in the physical world, with deep and loving concentration.  He isn’t guarding it for himself; he is guarding it for me!  He holds out his hand, with a sweet smile on his face.  Here!  This is for you!

Yesterday, I submitted what I believe to be the final assignment for this segment of my Third Degree Training.  First draft, subject to needing more work on my part, but still, the information is in place. 

This has been an exciting and quite beneficial time for me in my Training.  I have been given the opportunity to be a sort of Journeyman (after the learning and studying with oversight that has occurred until choosing my Path) upon choosing my Path of the Teacher.  What I love most about this segment of my Training is not only that I am working with real students, who have real challenges, problems and victories, but that the programs and infrastructure I am creating, modifying, updating and putting into place is becoming a real part of my Coven and the Community associated with it.  I feel pretty good!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment