Thursday, August 16, 2012

Five of Swords/Seven of Wands reversed.  The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation.  We might succeed, but in the end we will be left with nothing of value.  The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) is flavoring my Five of Swords as a reversed card, and this might be a good thing.  Upright, my Seven of Wands tells of standing for my own principles against everyone else, and that might not bring a happy ending when combined with the energies of that Five of Swords.  There is nothing wrong with standing up for what I believe in, but perhaps I should listen to the opinions of others (and allow my own ethical standards to have a say) before I start insisting that I am right.  The Five of Swords can also tell of an uncomfortable defeat, and that reversed Seven of Wands is reminding me that if I am gracious about being defeated, I just might learn something new. 

My Thoth card is The Star. “Find thou thyself in every Star.” The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card.  The Star is about optimism and faith, and no matter what happens throughout the day, I just might feel that the world is my oyster.  Perhaps I will be able to overcome a tendency to be unethical, and in the process help someone and feel good about it.  Maybe someone will help me in an unexpected way.  The lesson is the same: we are all in this life together, and we need to look out for each other, so we can pass through the darkness of night, and see the sun as it rises once again.

My Legacy card is the Four of Cups reversed, flavored by Justice reversed.  The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) in an upright position reminds me that sometimes too much pleasure deadens the senses, however, my card is reversed today.  Perhaps I am being told that I will be able to experience pleasurable feelings and emotions without being weighed down by it all, but since my reversed Four of Cups is being flavored by reversed Justice, there may be a danger in this.  Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed).  Justice in an upright position tells of the opportunity for enlightenment, but since my Justice card is also reversed, pleasing my own senses today could intoxicate me.  Hmmm . . . seems like a similar message to my first two cards.  I must be very conscious of balance today.

My 6-digidt date number is 9, the number that tells of the completeness of effect or manifestation.

My horoscopes: “Be happy with yourself and others, Sagittarius. Stop trying to find fault with everyone you interact with. By criticizing what they do and how they do it, you could wake up one morning and find that you have no friends. By only seeing the bad in people, you may talk yourself out of relationships with them. Be careful about coming across as a know-it-all. It isn't your job to dictate or judge.

And: “Don't expect much luck with computers today, particularly when it comes to writing or otherwise communicating with others. Malfunctions with regard to technological marvels could plague you throughout the day. In fact, if you want to get a message to a friend, the best way might just be to visit them! Creative efforts could be hindered in the same way. Today is a great day to retreat to the old days of pen and paper! Hang in there!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Pentacles.  LOL, still throwing these Pentacles cards!  We get so caught up in taking care of our physical world “stuff” sometimes.  This card is about that stuff, but it tells us that it is the hard, sometimes lonely, work we need to do to get and maintain that stuff that makes it so enjoyable.  Same thing goes for the maintenance of our physical body; if we watch our diet and exercise regularly, when we do indulge a craving for ice cream, that ice cream will taste all the better!

Today, I head back down to Cape May, to re-join the family vacation, already in progress.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment