Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Chariot/Strength reversed. Both of these Majors in the Welsh Tarot show a man riding a white horse through water; the man on the Chariot looks very kingly, while the man on the Strength card looks skilled. The Chariot represents Cancer (I think), Cheth (enclosure) and Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts), and Strength, the next card numerically in the Majors, represents Leo ((I am), Teth (basket or sieve), and Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes). The Chariot, the more outwardly visible of the two cards, is actually feminine in gender, while Strength is masculine. The Chariot is about being able to control the emotions with the mind; these emotions are not suppressed, but rather trained. Strength is the next logical step: it tells of rising about those emotions through being courageous, and through applying patience and gentle perseverance. Since the Strength card is reversed today, even though both of these Majors have been showing up lately, I am not yet ready to take that next step shown by Strength. I still need to work on “training” my emotions.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Disks. Funny, I drew this card, if I remember correctly, a week ago exactly. Crowley,s “Failure” does not specifically foretell failure; instead it warns that responsibility can be taken to the point of becoming a restriction, and it appears that I need to remember this today. Sheesh, and I have lots of things on my to do list.

My Legacy card is the Two of Coins reversed. Jupiter (expansiveness, justice, fortune) in Capricorn (I build), reversed. Okay, I get it!! I may not be very effective at juggling a lot of tasks today. I promise . . . I will take some “me” time!!

Veeeery interesting messages today!! Since yesterday’s cards were sooo accurate (not only did I have unexpected company this weekend, which is very cool, but the Student Council meeting was cancelled at the last minute; how is that for accuracy??!!), I am certainly going to be paying attention to today’s cards.

Helen and I had an awesomely productive afternoon, but LOL, I think I will be a tiny bit sore tomorrow morning. I did a one-hour belly dance stretch class with her; no choreography, just intense belly dance stretches and foundation movements. Then Helen did a yoga class for me. We are both very excited because these two disciplines really work well together, and I don’t know of anyone else who combines the two, without actual dance classes. We may have something here!! Helen left me with a series of yoga poses to practice, and she is going to work on some of the belly dance moves, and then we will do this again in two weeks.

I am excited!! This my be exactly what I was looking for!!

Now, it’s time for some of that “me time” I promised myself.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment