Monday, April 29, 2013


Ace of Wands/Ten of Cups reversed. The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project.  Like all the Aces, this emanation is presented as potential only, but oh boy, what potential.  Enthusiasm just may be the word of the day. The Ten of Cups (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, spirituality, suffering and growth) in an upright position offers the manifestation of happiness, simple joys, and fulfillment. My Ten of Cups is reversed, but I hope that the possible upheaval or emotional discomfort presented by this card won’t hold back the enthusiasm of the Ace of Wands, but rather balance it out.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Swords reversed. The Princess/Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) tells us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  We need to think out of the box during this process of analysis, and we need to remember that expectations often manifest as reality, so we must think carefully as we analyze and remain aware that we just might be mistaken in our expectations.

My Legacy card is the Eight of Wands reversed, flavored by The Magician. The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  My Eight is reversed, however, and it is telling me not to expect anything to happen too quickly today.  I should not rush anything, and I should make certain that I assess before making a decision. The Magician, which is flavoring my reversed Eight of Wands, corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician is a personally significant card to me.  He works hard to perfect his abilities, he is flexible and can make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and he can really focus and carry through to the end of a task.  In fact, the end result is pretty important to him.  He can deal with that reversed Eight of Wands, and in fact will enjoy assessing things once more before acting.  But he will act..

My 6-digit date number is 10, the end of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of position and potential. 

My horoscopes: “Today you might be in the public eye along with some close friends and perhaps a love partner. You may be giving a speech, leading a discussion group, or be the center of attention at a party. You're likely to hold those around you spellbound, as your oratorical capabilities are very high. Enjoy the attention and make sure you give back what you get.

And: “You enjoy philosophical discussions almost any time, but today you'll be having a lot of them, even for you. Someone could ring you up recounting a strange dream or mystical experience, while a love partner might put forth the idea of starting a formal organization for the spread of consciousness. An exciting group event, perhaps an expo or festival, could deepen your resolve at least to continue your own studies.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Two of Wands.  What I love about the Shadowscapes Two of Wands is that although you can easily sense the power and skill and awareness of fertile potential as you gaze at the woman and her lion, their surroundings are a hazy blur, as if it was a foggy morning but the sun was shining behind the fog.  Possibilities and potential, and the power and skill and awareness to make use of them.  A heady way to start the day!

So, I made it through the Wild Unknown Wheel of Fortune.  Now, another challenge: The Two of Swords.  This one shows an eclipsed sun at the top of the card being bracketed by two crossed swords.  While this is often a card of stalemate, or of shutting out the world, it feels very strong to me.  I can feel the muscle tension needed to close out the world, and I can sense the primordial power of the Universe, as the moon and the sun approach each other and then overlap each other, as the moon shuts out the light of the sun.  There is an uneasy pause as darkness and quiet surround me, but soon enough, whether I will it or not, the moon and the sun will go their separate ways, and the light and noise will return.  The solar eclipse is a wonderful metaphor for this card!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment