Friday, April 26, 2013


The Hierophant reversed/Two of Cups.   The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony.  My Hierophant is reversed today, so I am getting a different message from him: be flexible, be open to new experiences, and maybe even value solitary experiences. The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities.  This card is telling me that kinship is important, more important than The Establishment. 

My Thoth card is the Three of Swords.  Eeep!  “Sorrow” is Crowley’s keyword for this one. The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion.  This Swords card tells of a disconnect with some situation, and that disconnect can cause melancholy, or even sorrow.  I need to learn how to **not** fear this melancholy, for in the end, it is all in my mind and can only hurt me if I allow it to.  

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords, flavored by the Three of Cups.  The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  My Knight could be either supporting my Three of Swords above, or saving me from it.   He does have his own unique version of perfection, and that might be the instigator in the situation. The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) is about connections, emotional abundance, and about blessings.  Another Cups card!! I guess I need to try not to over-analyze things.  Emotions and feelings are also valid indicators, and perhaps my connections to others can be healing and soothing.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that comes with the slowing of growth and the beginning of degeneration, often accompanied by a choice or crossroad. 

My horoscopes: “Accomplishing some important business might require touching base with many people who live and work far away, perhaps in other countries. This might require that you spend a lot of time on the phone, and it also would require allowing for the different time zones, which could be a drag. You will eventually make the contacts you need, even if they don't come until tomorrow.

And: “You must be wondering: What in the world is going on? On the one hand, you have thoughts that are rather humanistic and harmonious about both your family and your career. But on the other hand, you also have a deep desire to destroy everything in order to start fresh! So you will have to choose. In any case, given the current climate and the fire inside of you, any sort of compromise will prove difficult today. Be careful not to go too far overboard!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Knight of Pentacles.  Well, this card shows up often, and I’m glad.  The appearance of this Page tells me that there are opportunities around me to prosper and enjoy myself in the physical world.  I need to make a plan and stick to it with enthusiasm, and I need to enjoy each opportunity to learn or experience new things.  Oh-kay!

Happy Friday, everyone.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment