Wednesday, April 17, 2013


The Star reversed/Justice.  The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card.  Upright, The Star is about optimism and faith, synergy with the world, and an awareness of that synergy.  My Star is reversed today, and things may not appear optimistic or serene, at least on the surface.  But the energies of this card are not in-your-face; I guess the first step might be attempting to believe that good will exists, even if I can’t see it.  And LOL, there could be a literal interpretation of this card: our front steps are being jack-hammered so they can be replaced.  No peace and serenity here!  Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed). This card is reminding me that causes have effects and that actions have consequences.  I also need to remember that the concept of justice is a personal one; what seems like a return to balance to me might seem unfair to others.  If I include both honesty and my own ethical code into my thoughts, words and deeds today, all will be well. 

My Thoth card is the Five of Cups reversed.  “Disappointment” The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) in an upright position tells of an emotional setback, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made.  Since my card is reversed, any disappointments won’t be able to grab hold of me today.  Perhaps there will be a moment or two of regret, but I will be easily able to accept that regret and then release it.  Maybe even learn from it.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Swords reversed, flavored by the Page of Cups.  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the potential within the day to effectively use mental or intellectual abilities.  My Ace is reversed, so that potential, like the serenity and optimism of my reversed Star above, will not be easily accessed.  The card is there, though, and it is being flavored by the Page of Cups. The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering); is a card of soft and tender energies, fulfillments achieved through interactions with others, and simple joys.  “Don’t worry . . . be happy,” is what my Page seems to be telling me.  Sounds like good advice, all around!

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that indicates a pause, usually telling me that growth is slowing and degeneration is approaching, and usually offering a choice or crossroad of some kind. 

My horoscopes: “You may feel some frustration over your perceived inability to reach an important milestone in your career. It's possible that you only need to reevaluate the benchmarks you've set in order to see that you've made more progress than you thought. Remember, ultimately, the time it takes you to reach a goal matters less than the fact that you reach it.

And: “A letter or phone call could come to you today from a love partner, expressing strong feelings of love, passion, and commitment. This is likely to make you feel real good, though you'll probably be speechless. Don't worry about this. Your partner is probably emotionally overwhelmed by these feelings, and therefore similar outpourings from you could cause a little panic. If you share your friend's feelings, be encouraging, but wait until a later date to reveal it

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Cups.  Sensual delights, satisfaction of the senses, and wish fulfillment are all indicated by this lovely card.  Okay, I’ll take that!!

I’m contemplating a new Wild Unknown card today: the Father of Pentacles.  This card shows a Stag’s head, regal and in his prime.  My initial feeling while looking at the image on the Father of Pentacles is one of respect, honor, the ability to protect, and prime masculine creativity.  The Stag gets to reach this stage of life because he is able to defeat all that challenge him; he is in a sense the fittest of his species that has survived to breed.  This card is about having a mighty presence in the physical world; it is about not only the thrill of competition, but it is also about turning a win into both honor and status, and the continuance of a fertile lineage, to the benefit of all.

Finally, I’ve had the time to start working on my Lesson 8 homework essay!  I have a feeling this one is going to be relatively easy, as it focuses on healing.  I am deep into my Yoga Teacher Training studies, and Yoga very much fits in with the concepts presented in this Lesson. 

And Spring continues to flourish.  All around are tulip magnolias, heavy with blossoms, and some of the early cherry trees are blooming as well.  The buds on the two copper beaches in front of the house are plump and bursting.  Lawns are greening, and the privet is full of leaves.  Tulips are coming to the end of their peak, and the first lunaria flowers are open.  Also **jumps up and down with excitement** my camellia is blooming, for the first time since we planted the bush two summers ago.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment