Saturday, April 13, 2013


Two of Swords/Six of Cups reversed.  Yep, I understand this one. The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  Sometimes shutting ourselves away is actually hiding from responsibility, but sometimes we need or deserve this time of peace.  Today, I have carved out a bit of time to prepare for my YTT Intensive 2, which is tomorrow.  The energies of this card are exactly right; I will be using my mind, shutting out distractions. The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) in an upright position is a card of innocence, emotional balance and harmony, of simple joy that begets even more simple joy by infecting all around us.  This reversed Cups card is kind of validating the temporary isolation and seriousness of focus of my day today.  Yep, sometimes the meanings of the cards really are that simple and uncomplicated!

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups. The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering); is a card of soft and tender energies; upright it indicates the possibility of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys.  What I need to determine is whether this dreamy gentleness is a help to me today, or if it is a distraction, and thus, a hindrance.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Wands, flavored by the Four of Cups.  Interesting pair, eh? The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  The Knight of Wands is a warrior, but his mission is not one of battle, it is of energetic and creative change.  These energies can be impulsive, and impulse is not always good, so there is a danger of causing some kind of alienation, or change of position. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody), which tells us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses, is flavoring my Knight of Wands.  The Four of Cups is in many ways opposing the Knight of Wands; the Four of Cups tells of stillness to the point of the beginning of stagnation, while the Knight is about boldly going forth.  Perhaps I am being offered a hint as to how to interpret the Princess of Cups above.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position of the Ace/1 and the balance, polarity, energy and “distance between” of the 2.

My horoscopes: “Are you interested in psychology? If so, you might discover some information that clues you in to your mental and emotional history. Such disciplines as past-life regression or rebirthing could be especially appealing. What you learn today could enable you to understand yourself better and release remnants of past traumas. The future will fill the gap with new, wonderful things!

And: “Communication should flow freely and openly between you and a love partner. A lot might be said that needs to be said, and thus a number of issues that exist between you could well be resolved and expunged. However, don't get carried away. Be discriminating about what you bring up. Otherwise you might step over the line and say too much. Sometimes total honesty is NOT the best policy. Be careful!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Four of Swords.  The Shadowscapes Tarot sees this card as representing a self-imposed exile, or a time of inner contemplation.  It has a very peaceful feel about it, this card, and it reminds me that if I take the time to connect with that peaceful and serene place within my core, I will be able to find my way back there no matter how many distractions are pulling at me.

I have had a productive day.  It is late afternoon, and I am listening to the neighborhood robins as they sing their farewell song to the sun, about an hour away from setting.  I’ve made myself some ginger tea, and I am just about ready to review my homework in preparation for tomorrow’s YTT Intensive 2.  I am looking forward to this one, immensely.

There is one small distraction, though.  My new deck, the Wild Unknown Tarot, has arrived, and it is pulling at me.  No big surprise, this; after all, this deck grabbed me, sunk its talons into my brain, almost immediately.  It will be challenging to make mine, mainly because using this deck will require me to tap into my intuition with more intensity than any other deck I own or have worked with.

I am sooooo up to the task.

I’m not sure how I’m going to get to know this deck, but I will document my experiences here.  My usual procedure is to throw cards with a new deck every day and interpret them.  But somehow that procedure just does not feel right with this deck.  Instead, I think I will throw just one card, whenever I am moved to do so.  And then I will talk about how the image makes me feel, and I will talk about what the image seems to be saying to me.  We’ll see if this less structured approach works.

But for now, I’ve got to step away from the Tarot deck, and begin to prepare for tomorrow’s YTT Intensive.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment