Thursday, April 25, 2013


Strength/The Hierophant.  Niiice.  The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus.  The strength referred to here is not about muscles, but rather about having patience and compassion, along with the ability to focus.  The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony.   The Hierophant is also about revering knowledge, and about teaching and learning in order to preserve knowledge.  Neither of these cards encourage solitary pursuits, so today is about the group, not about just me.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Disks.  The Princess/Page of Disks (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner.  Crowley sees this Princess as representing womanhood at its finest: fertile in a random and innocent way.  Unike most Disk cards, this one enjoys new and unexpected experiences; after all, they have such awesome possibilities!

My Legacy card is the Four of Cups reversed, flavored by the Four of Wands.  Another nice pair.  The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) in an upright position tells us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses.  This deadening of the senses causes us to disengage, and while that is okay for a short period of time, it is not healthy over the long term.  Thankfully, my Four of Cups is reversed, and it is being flavored by the Four of Wands.  The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established, about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined.  The celebration and sense of freedom that this card brings to my reversed Four of Cups tells me that my emotions won’t drag me down today!

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “Seize today, Sagittarius. This is the day you've been waiting for. Don't back down from the intensity. You have the power to get ahead in whatever it is you wish to accomplish in this lifetime. You will find your willpower and discipline strong. It's time to grab the opportunities that are presented to you. Take the plunge toward a brighter future and be confident of your success.

And: “Devote the day ahead to your children or your partner. You may protest that it's too hard to find the time to give them the quality attention they deserve. You don't even have enough time for yourself, much less anyone else. In any case, you'll probably feel torn today between what is expected of you and what you feel you can realistically give. If you want to dispel the inner tension you are feeling, take great care in the choices you make in the next few weeks.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Four of Wands.  Another interpretation of this happy card.  The Shadowscapes Four of Wands tells of the celebration that is well earned, yet does not represent the final achievement.  Not yet.  But we are well on our way, and deserve a moment to paaah-teeee!

Busy, busy days.  The Hubs is busy, and that means I’m busy.  I’ve got YTT homework to work on, and tonight we had our first practice.  We practiced teaching poses to each other!  It sounds easy, until you have to actually do it.  Practice is a good thing.  I’ve got Degree homework to work on, and one week from today, I leave to visit my son, my yearly trip to the D.R.  I am looking forward to my trip this year.  I miss my son’s dogs, and I miss the primalness of the area.

I’ve thrown another Wild Unknown card: The Star.  The image on this Major Arcana card is simple: a rainbow colored five-pointed star, set in a dark sky sprinkled with other, less unusual yet still beautiful stars.  The colors on this Star are lovely and pure, and they make me feel as if this Star is an omen predicting the possibility of good things to come.  A silent omen, silent as the night sky, dark and velvety.  Subtle and silent, yet powerful still.  What message does this rainbow colored Star bring? It brings that first glimpse of hope.  Believe in beauty, The Star says as she glistens with the colors of a rainbow, believe in purity, believe in goodness.  And those are the things you shall receive. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment