Sunday, February 3, 2013


Transparent Oracle Sunday!

42, Guide: Angel (Above).  Another Above card!  As a Wiccan, I see the Universe as being alive and aware, so the messages of all the Above cards become particularly important.  If I have the essence of Deity within me, then so, to, do the stars and planets of the Universe.  After all, a planet or a sun is a collection of energy manifestations, and so is my body, and I have awareness. Angel is the Guide for the Celestial Realm, and you could say that Angel is one of the messengers who bridges the gap between us and the vast expanses of the Universe.  When Angel appears in a spread, some event or effect may have more significance than I think, and I had better pay attention.

55, Guide: Mermaid (Below).  Ascension and escape from the physical world seem to be our tasks for this life; however, in order to ascend, we need to first understand this word we are attempting to grow out of.  The cards of Below assist us in that endeavor.  Mermaid tells us of many non-physically manifested concepts: feelings, emotions, love, compassion, and healing.  Like Water, none of these can be held in place by our hands, and yet all are important ingredients within a balanced and harmonious and satisfying life.  Learning to access these ingredients and use them for our benefit without “over-spicing” the recipe takes focus and Will, and loss of control can bring obsession and destruction, but it is well worth the risk.

51, Gateway: The World Tree (Below). The World Tree is a powerful symbol in many cultures; in Wicca, the Tree is seen as representing the cast circle, and it is seen as a gateway to the Underworld.  The World Tree is about initiation of the most exciting kind; it tells of the ability to tap into the knowledge and wisdom that is a part of me through my ancestors, and it tells of the ability to connect with non-physical beings.

I then created my mandala.  Again, this is a powerful mandala, and again each of these cards are directly connecting to my Shadow Work.  Shadow Work involves asking difficult questions and then finding answers, and it is fitting to me that the center of this mandala is a pentagram, a representation of my personal spiritual Path and the Path that is drawing me to perform this Shadow Work in the first place.  Both the Angel and Mermaid faces are combined into one entity with wings and an amazing connection to her emotions and feelings and subconscious.  The roots of the World Tree encircle the faces of Angel and Mermaid, and they also move right down the middle of the pentagram with a helix braid.  The upper branches form another circle, enclosing the emanations of Angel and Mermaid. There are mental tickles all over the place here, and at least one very personal message to me that is directly connected to my Shadow Work, and the perceived validity of the results I am getting. 

This weekend was productive.  I went to a great Yoga class on Saturday morning, and then did my preparation for a girls’ weekend next weekend.  Today, I am heading north, to go to a superbowl party.  LOL, then it is back to reality tomorrow.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment