Sunday, February 24, 2013


Transparent Oracle Sunday!

16, Guide: Snake (South). South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  Snake has powerful symbolism in our world; it is seen to represent many medical/healing modalities, and the Kundalini energy.  Snake corresponds with the dragon, and is seen as a mundane representation of that mythical beast.  Because Snake can shed its skin and appear renewed, it is associated with healing, fertility, regeneration and rebirth.  Snake can access places that would be out of reach for most of us, and so Snake can share both knowledge and wisdom.  However, the knowledge and wisdom owned and shared by Snake is neutral, and we need to be careful what we choose to do with what we learn.  Eve learned that lesson in the Garden of Eden.

62, Dream (Within).  Within is the direction of the Self, and thus the cards associated with this direction deal with the ways our Self connects to the world and perceives the world, and the Self.  This direction is mostly abstract, and yet is our bridge to the Universe around us.  Dream is the language of the unconscious mind; our unconscious mind is constantly absorbing and interpreting information, and since Dream has no physical world limits, it can interpret that information without being bound by any limits. Thus we can see the past and the future, and talk to those who are not now (or maybe never were) of the physical world.

61, Gateway: The Self (Within). This card is considered a “blank canvas,” in that it has faces and hands like the other Within cards, but there are no traits or textures or shapes or colors infused into the faces and hands.  That is because each of us is unique; this is a great significator card, and I am choosing to accept The Self as offering a message: “These cards offer a unique message to you, but that message must be perceived through your own unique senses and interpreted through your own unique intellect.”  This card tells us that the first and main purpose of life and living is to get to know our individual Self.

I then stacked my mandala.  There are circles within circles in this one; the hands of Dream and The Self create a circle, and the faces of Dream and The Self create a circle.  Snake goes across each of the faces, as if bisecting them or crossing them out, and the heads of Snake are in the middle of the swirls of energy that represent dreams.  It is obvious to me that I am being told to heal myself; I am also being told that important messages are coming for me, but they are sourced from within me rather than from outside me.  These messages might be rooted in the past, or connected to possibilities of the future, or presented in dreams or visualizations, but they come through me.  The faces of both The Self and Dream have eyes closed, so despite the swirls of energy emanating from the circles and despite the snakes facing outward, I need to face my inner self. Now is the right time to do this, for I have the strength and the skill to accomplish the task, and receive and understand the messages.

I am back after a great weekend, and finished the weekend by going to Yoga Teacher Training Orientation.  Some hard work to come, but I think I am ready.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment