Tuesday, February 26, 2013


Three of Wands reversed/Two of Pentacles reversed. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) in an upright position tells of the excitement of seeking out uncharted areas with an optimism that says that no matter what happens, it will be good.   My Three of Wands is reversed, and that means that looking ahead or acting in a leadership capacity may not bring a happy ending. The Two of Pentacles (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) in an upright position reminds us that everything always ebbs and flows.  This card addresses balance, and perhaps today is a bit more on the wobbly side.  Not a good day to juggle many tasks. 

My Thoth card is The Fool reversed. The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and his powers and energies are neither positive nor negative, but they are optimistic.  I am being warned today by my reversed Fool that there is a possibility I may direct my energies towards a project that will not be worthwhile.  Attitude is important today, and I may very well be distracted away from the proper attitude if I am not careful. 

My Legacy card is the Page of Swords reversed, flavored by The Chariot. The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position tells us to use our mind and intellect to analyze situations as well as our emotions and feelings, and the messages of our senses.  My Page is reversed, and like my other cards today, it is warning me that I may not be able to make decisions or take the proper actions.  My reversed Page is being flavored by The Chariot, my only upright card today. The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions.  Looks like I am being told that the confusion and tendency to be easily distracted, while seeming to be inescapable, is in the end a surface situation, one that can be overcome.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of motion that helps to eliminate stagnation.

My horoscopes: “If you think you have to prove that you have something valuable to offer, Sagittarius, consider this carefully. You're naturally friendly and can get along with almost anyone. This may already be your strength. You have something great to bring to a crowd. Consider being yourself and not trying so hard to feel a part of things. Look at your qualities and you will prove your worth to yourself.

And: “If you've been feeling excessively tired lately, it may be stress that is piling up within. Today's aspects bring an added energy to communication and it would be wise to consider talking some of these stresses out. Worry, anxiety and fear are huge drains on physical (and emotional) health. For some, exercise can alleviate some of this and for others, talking is the key. Find the most effective ways to rid yourself of such 'energy suckers' and help yourself to feel better.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Pentacles.  I love this card.  It tells me in no uncertain terms that the best way to feel serene and happy is to connect the physical world with the spiritual world.  This requires effort, long term effort, and discipline, but the reward is great!

The next number on our list is the number 9.  I have already talked about the number 9 in other places, so I will restrict this discussion pretty much to math.

The number 9 is composed of three trinities (3 x 3 = 9), and it is the last number having a specific identity.  The number 9 is considered to represent the highest level of attainment in any endeavor; in the Tarot, the number 9 represents completeNESS rather than compleTION.  We go the whole nine yards, and even possession is defined as nine points of the law.  There are 99 year leases and 99 year prison terms, each symbolically representing the ultimate term of time.  This number also represents the boundary between the mundane or physical and the transcendental infinite; most religious myths contain some representation of the number 9 to represent an ultimate experience or challenge or journey. 

Labyrinths are created by beginning with an “X” made of 9 points, then adding lines, then connecting paths. 

The number 9 represents the horizon, the end limit of what we know; after the number 9 we find a brand new cycle, and this ending and new beginning are a story for another day. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment