Thursday, February 28, 2013


Three of Pentacles reversed/Queen of Pentacles. The Three of Pentacles (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) in an upright position tells of competence, planning and teamwork, and apparently those things will not be running smoothly today. Looks like if I want something done, I will need to do it myself. The Queen of Pentacles (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  The good thing is that she handles things, all things, in a very matter-of-fact way, which could be a good thing today.  She is resourceful as well, and if teamwork is not a part of today, she will need those resources, and that ability to make the best use of them.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Cups reversed.  “Debauch” is Crowley’s keyword for this one. The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) in an upright position represents the distraction, sensory overload and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with too many enticing choices. The traditional image of the Seven of Cups shows seven cups, each filled with what appears to be a wonderful gift: the Wreath (Saturn and The World); the Castle (Mars and The Tower), the Woman (Venus and The Empress); the Snake (Mercury and The Magician); the Veil (the Moon and The High Priestess), the Jewels (Jupiter and The Wheel of Fortune), and the Dragon (our Sun and The Sun).  The Thoth Seven of Cups also tells of being mired in pleasure, or addicted to it.  Because my Seven of Cups is reversed, I may be able to focus in a beneficial way today as far as my emotions and feelings are concerned.  This is good!

My Legacy card is the Seven of Coins reversed, flavored by The Hanging Man. Another Seven.  The Seven of Coins (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments within the physical world.  Because my Seven of Coins is reversed, there may not be many pauses today, or chances to catch my breath.  What makes this truly interesting is the card flavoring my Seven of Coins: The Hanging Man. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought); this card presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through seeing things in a different way.  Perhaps my Hanging Man is reminding me that even if my physical world is rushing to and fro, I can still rise above the chaos (and perhaps willingly give up the pleasures of the physical world) and find some quiet time.  The clarity this will bring, and the opportunity to see my world and my feelings in a totally different way, just might enable me to learn something.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of the conscious and purposeful attempt to slow the degeneration of the number 7 in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “You may find that today brings great physical strength and energy to you, Sagittarius. Given this, you may really want to do some tough, challenging physical work. This is certainly the day for it, so why not go for it? Do some yard work or clean out closets, cupboards, drawers, and filing cabinets. Consider donating items that you don't use anymore or plan a garage sale to make some bucks.

And: “It's a new day, and a good day to let your warm and caring side show. Take the time to smile often and to chat with as many people as you can. They will be drawn to your friendly personality, and you will all enjoy sharing time together. If you find that someone is having a rough day, why not let them know that you care? Spend a few minutes listening to their problem and show them that you really understand.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Tower.  Eeep!!  The message of the Shadowscapes Tower is that even the most secure, deeply rooted, well supported structure can be destroyed in a moment.  We can’t expect that nothing will change, and it is not healthy to believe that we are eternal.  Yes, life goes on, but for life to go on in a healthy way, there must be endings.  Woe to those who fight these endings!

For some reason, the energy of the past few days seems to be somewhat at cross-purpose.  These difficulties, while uncomfortable, are (hopefully!) not earth shattering.  Please, don’t let them be earth shattering!  Even my cards today reflect the confusing nature of the energies today.  I am remaining calm, though, and trusting that in the end, all will be well.

This evening, I submitted my application for Yoga Teacher Training.  The first step!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment