Saturday, February 16, 2013


The Tower reversed/The Wheel of Fortune reversed.  Hmmm . . . The Tower (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Mars (action, spontaneity, aggression, drive), Phe (mouth or speech), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (which offers the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration)) in an upright position tells of a violent or explosive correction in the way things are going. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) in an upright position also tells of sudden movement, but this one represents the actions and effects of fate and destiny, and not of anything that we in the end can control.  Powerful effects or sudden eruption or emitting of energy are what these cards have in common; they also each represent a cycle of death/rebirth or rebuilding.  However, The Tower often represents an adjustment that is happening because of things we are doing or not doing, while The Wheel is more about cycles that are beyond our control.  Both cards are reversed today, and I am going to need to be very aware that fighting the flows, even fighting them subconsciously, could very well cause the adjustment or downward cycle that I am most wishing to prevent. 

My Thoth card is the Princess of Swords. The Page/Princess of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) tells us to use our mind and intellect to analyze situations as well as our emotions and feelings, and the messages of our senses.  My Princess also reminds me that important ingredients of the day could be hidden from plain sight, and I need to remain alert in order to perceive and make use of these hidden ingredients.  That alertness needs to be dynamic and pro-active, yet well-grounded.

My Legacy card is the Two of Coins reversed, flavored by the King of Coins. The Two of Coins (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) in an upright position reminds me that everything always ebbs and flows, and I need to do the same; however, my Two of Coins is reversed today, and this means I had better keep two feet firmly on the ground.  The King of Coins (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical world manifestation of all kinds.  He is good at maintaining resources and assessing value; he looks for excellence and distinction, even in himself.  And he enjoys the benefits of the material world because of these traits.  My King is flavoring my Two, both Coins cards, and they are telling me that for today I need to create a script and then stick to it.  A physical world focus might serve me well, including a focus on my body and its needs.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability, and a strong foundation.

My horoscopes: “A friend who's having money problems might dump all their woes on you today, Sagittarius. Your inclination isn't to be very sympathetic, but hold back that tendency. The situation is real, and your friend is very worried and needs solutions more than criticism or sympathy. Your common sense and practical nature could be invaluable right now. Offer to listen.

And: “Worries about money prove groundless when the facts about your situation are ascertained. Someone close to you could be going through some emotional turmoil, and your intuition is acute enough today that you're likely to pick up on it psychically. Tailor your behavior so as to enable this person in an appropriate way; however, don't try to get them to talk about their problem. They'll want to work it out for themselves.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Seven of Wands.  This card tells of the effort to actively defend what we have, at all costs.  Sometimes this is not a good thing; defending the status quo blindly ends up inhibiting growth and evolution.  However, there are moments when we do need to not only defend, but also take preemptive strikes in order to protect.  Once the danger is past, we can allow things to evolve once again, but for now, we must be actively defensive.

I ended up attending a last minute PBT get-together this past Thursday evening, and as always, this spur of the moment event was memorable.  I gave E some Thai Bodywork to help her heal her back after shoveling snow.  As I was working on E, Tara and her kirtan partner, BA, were upstairs practicing their kirtan music; it was soooo lovely to hear the music in the background as I worked.  Then came the icing on the cake, Tara and BA came downstairs, harmonium and tabla in hand, and we ended up experiencing a mini-kirtan.  Incredibly powerful!  These two talented musicians really do work well together, and the six of us (by this time, Bug had taken a break from cooking her usual vegetarian feast) raised some absolutely mind-blowing energy!

There was even more synchronicity to be had; as I drove to the Wayne Contingency on Thursday, a lovely waxing crescent moon peeked out momentarily from behind the clouds.  I was reminded for some reason that I had not worked with Kali, my Dark Moon Goddess, in a while, and I pledged to do so before the next waxing moon as I gazed at the crescent in the sky.  Little did I know how soon that would be!  After doing three pieces while we all sat on the floor, BA suggested that we do just one more, and asked if any of us knew anything about . . . you guessed it.  Kali Ma.  As we reached the peak of the power of the mantra, I broke out into a sweat and for a long moment, I was no longer sitting on my massage mat, chanting.  I was once again, for just a few breaths, in the narrow entrance to the cave, standing before the statue of Kali carved into the living stone.  It has been too long since I have been there, and I am pledging now to return at the next dark of the moon.

This morning I attended a great Yoga class, and then dropped my car off for an oil change.  Now, to cross some things off of my To Do list!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment