Monday, February 25, 2013


The Moon reversed/The Fool. The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  In an upright position, this can be a card of discomfort or fear, but since my Moon is reversed today, the light provided will bring understanding instead of illusion or anxiety The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and his powers and energies are neither positive nor negative, but they are optimistic.  I am being told that I should not fear the shadowy corners today; instead, I should investigate them with the assumption that something important may be hidden there.  Sounds like a good day for a treasure hunt!

My Thoth card is the Six of Wands reversed.  “Victory” is the upright keyword for the Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative), which in an upright position expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge. The Six of Wands is about victory and the recognition that goes along with a victory, but that moment is not yet presenting itself to me.  Uncle Al sees this card as representing the peak of usefulness of the suit of Wands, and because my card is reversed, that peak has not yet happened. 

My Legacy card is The Devil reversed, flavored by the Five of Swords. The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things.  My reversed Devil may be referring to my recent Shadow Work, as the Devil can be seen as representing that dark part in each of us that gets hidden and repressed within our Shadow Self, and perhaps this card today is reassuring me that the exercises are over and I need to have faith in the lessons I’ve learned. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation.  This card is flavoring my reversed Devil, and it could be indicating that situations may once again present themselves in order to offer me another chance to use what I’ve already learned.  Forewarned is forearmed, and perhaps if I make use of the messages of my other cards, I will be able to preemptively circumvent or deflect any potential discomfort.

My Pearls of Wisdom Full Moon card is The Fool.  Hmmm . . . this is not the first time over the past few weeks that I’ve thrown a double card in my daily spread.  The Pearls of Wisdom Fool card has much of the same symbolism as most other Fool cards.  The Fool is on a journey, and while he cannot see its ending, he seems optimistic and happy.  He rides a raging river, on a little boat named “Serendipity”; “serendipity” is defined by the Bing Dictionary as “the accidental discovery of something, pleasant, valuable or useful.”   That is a perfect description of the card itself!  The Fool is also said to represent the Higher Self, and it sure looks like there might be some messages there for me today!

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability, and a strong foundation.

My horoscopes:  “Getting along with others may prove challenging today, Sagittarius. The influence from the planetary aspects can have you preferring to withdraw and isolate. You might feel impatient and annoyed. If so, and being alone is an option, go for it. If it isn't, you will need to curb the tendency to be argumentative or confrontational. Exercise patience and avoid conflict.

And: “Seek out direction from an elder. Chances are strong that the best candidate for this will be your mother or a mother-like figure. Whatever the situation, whether it be a problem you're having in a relationship, a child care issue, or a need for a good chicken recipe, you'll find what you need if you just ask. Call, e-mail or drop by for a visit and share what's on your mind. You'll probably walk away with a much clearer idea of what to do.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Cups.  This card reminds me that often, all I need to do is sit back and breathe deeply, and then look within, and I will find the serenity and simple joy and wisdom I need to prosper.  Visions may be important today, too, and I should respond to those visions with the openness of a child, for only then will I understand the symbols presented.

Another busy day; playing catch up.  Full Moon Blessings!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment