Friday, February 22, 2013


Five of Wands/Six of Cups. The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross-purposes.  I need to be aware of these energies, and I need to remind myself that in part the discomfort may be self-imposed.  In any event, these struggles don’t have major causes, so it might be better to just go with the flow and assume the best. The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive), is a card of innocence, emotional balance and harmony.  This card also tells me that I need to perceive the world with the eyes of a child, and I will enjoy every experience, whether simple or complicated.  The gentle happiness of my Six of Cups encourages me to embrace any challenges that appear, and to remember that they offer me positive opportunities.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups. The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering); is a card of soft and tender energies; today is a day of getting fulfillment through connections to others.  If I strive to connect to that innocence of my Six of Cups above, simple joy will be the result.

My Legacy card is The High Priestess, flavored by the Five of Wands.  The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), the other half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred  Feminine; The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She has in her possession vast amounts of knowledge and wisdom, and she is telling me that there are major opportunities today for me to tap into the mysteries.  However she is being flavored by another Five of Wands, so the messages may likely be hidden behind confusion.  If I take a deep breath, remain calm and alert, and look beyond the surface purpose or meaning, I should be able to find the hidden and more important message.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the completion of a cycle; time to prepare to begin a new cycle.

My horoscopes: “Today is a fantastic day for you, Sagittarius. Things are naturally flowing your way. You can accomplish a great deal. There are few hurdles in your way, perhaps none. You're well disciplined about your time and what's needed to get the job done and how to meet your goals. Your emotions are especially calm and stable, giving you the opportunity to observe and evaluate them from a neutral viewpoint.

And: “Feelings of inferiority may be a real problem for you today. Ask yourself where this comes from. What could cause you to feel as though you aren't good enough or as good as someone else? Search your past for clues to the root of this attitude about yourself to see if you can nail down the source and rectify it. No one ever needs to feel inferior. These feelings are often only symptomatic.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Knight of Pentacles. This Knight is very focused on Earthly correspondences, and he is not easily distracted.  He is telling me that for today, I should take my time, and remember the correct steps to take in order to deal with anything unexpected or unpleasant.  Tapping into my quiet, grounded center may end up being the most effective thing I can do.

Well, here I am, just a few days into Saturn retro, and feeling the effects already.  I am striving mightily to make use of the enhanced skills that came to me through my recent Shadow Work, and I am remembering that because Saturn is retro and in Scorpio, this might be a difficult time for me emotionally.  Scorpio is my Moon sign, which really doubles up on the emotional discomfort.  I am choosing to take this time as an opportunity to exercise my mental muscles through the resistance being offered.  My cards for the day are also offering some great advice. 

We are in Stowe, Vermont, vacationing for the weekend, visiting family.  We are staying in a beautiful condo, with a view of the ski slopes, and the pool, which is heated.  The sky is cloudy, and I think there will be fresh powder by the end of the day.  I’ve never skied and LOL, I don’t think this would be the time to give it a try, but I may go for a walk later.  There are also hot tubs outside; sitting in the hot tub while it’s snowing, watching people ski, sounds like a great thing to do, eh?

$>

2 comments:

  1. "... sitting in the hot tub while it’s snowing, watching people ski ...

    My goodness! That sounds like something I would do!! A positively decadent Winter fetish in the making!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, you would love it!! The mountain is right across the street from the pool and the hot tubs. Snow falling now; planning today's hot tub trip. Since I don't ski, this is the new best thing.

    ReplyDelete