Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another Transparent Oracle Sunday.  As usual, I asked “What do I need to know?” and threw:

32, Weather: Snow (North).  North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Snow has a magickal effect on the landscape and our surroundings; when snow falls, it covers everything and hides details as well as mutes sounds.  The mantle of white is made of countless tiny, unique crystals, and like a blanket, the covering of snow insulates and protects. 

35, Landscape: Forest (North).  The Forest also corresponds with the North.  A Forest takes many years to grow, and thus, teaches us endurance and patience.  Like an iceberg, the Forest consists not only of the visible part of its growth and life forms, but also a network of underground roots and sanctuaries that offer support and stability to the canopy above.  The Forest, like Snow, is also associated with purity; the leaves of the trees act like lungs to our planet, creating and purifying our air.

38, Guide: Owl (North).  Owl corresponds to the North as well.  Owl is a silent hunter of the night who moves without sound and is able to see in the dark.  Owl’s wisdom is born of detachment and observation, and attaining this wisdom is usually a solitary pursuit. 

I also took into consideration the fact that all three cards were from the direction of North.  Traditionally the North corresponds with the element of Earth, the time of Midnight and the season of Winter.  It can be seen as a time of quiet and rest before a new beginning, the same way that Midnight and Winter are seen as times of inner focus rather than outward manifestation.  And yet, we are also dealing with the element of Earth, which is about health, finance, career and home, and the physical body, all effects that are formed or manifested in the physical realms.  This means that while the direction of North may represent a quiet time, this quiet time is not without fertility and potential.

After pondering all of this, I stacked the cards into a mandala. Immediately, it looked as if the three Owls were flying upward to me, from the Forest below.  Snow was only partially available, but there is a connection; see my description of Forest.  “Like an iceburg . . . .”  All three of these cards have an inner focus, and it seems that I need to know that I need to try to see things differently, I need to understand that manifestation may take time, but there is a foundation in place, and I need to learn to “see” in the dark.

Here are my updates for the Spring Fitness Challenge:

Earth rules the entire physical world and all of its manifestations.  To me, Earth represents not only the physiological operations of our bodies, but the physical world around me.  Ayurveda is helping me immensely.  Choosing foods and beverages with awareness of consequences is a powerful experience.

Air rules the mind, the intellect, thinking, and air and the act of breathing and all effects associated with breathing.  I am continuing to work on breathing exercises while visualizing toxins being expelled on my exhales.

Fire rules passion, courage, the life force and the Will, and movement of all kinds and all effects associated with movement.  I am walking regularly, doing my morning stretch/Yoga session regularly, and doing lots of beach walking on weekends.  This weekend, we will be having company, so I expect there will be bike rides, too.

Water rules emotions and feelings and all effects associated with emotions and feelings, and for our purposes Water will also be about cleansing, flushing and purifying.  I’ve been drinking lots of water; I am also trying to get through a bit of a spiritual fog.  Thankfully, this fog is not affecting my food choices or my ability to continue exercising.

As far as that terrible monster, the scale: no change.  The next plateau is upon me!  But I’m ready for this one, so bring it on!!

A final note; great Pagan Brain Trust get-together on Thursday night.  I had my reconnection to the Sacred, and this time with the PBT was very necessary.  The group does rock!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment